Monarchism and IQ?

Perhaps the free thinkers amongst us don't tend to get carried away in Jingoistic nonsense. I am immediately suspicious of people who feel strongly about their 'Nationality'. It is often complimented by their pride in their 'hetrosexuality', neither of which they have any say in. Stupid people then use these as reasons to attack those who are not of their persuasion.

What does 'Proud to be British' actually mean? Makes no sense to me at all. How many people lose sleep wishing they had been born into a different Nationality? What about people of dual Nationality? Am I supposed to be proud to be white, tall, or male?

Some of us prefer to take pride from what we do.

As a tall white male all i can say is well said sir. Very well said.

I'm proud to be British because I appreciate many of things this country has done in the past and our worldwide reputation for fairness, tolerance and good sportsmanship.

I see nothing wrong with this. I have pride also in what I do. The two are not contradictory.

Perhaps not. I like the British sense of humor and the way we do irony but I'm not 'proud' of it. I take pride in sacrifices people made for my freedom, but they came from many Nations.

Your post was ridiculous. Casting aspersions about my being "right-wing" or harbouring possible fascist tendancies.

I was actually referring to myself and considering what attributes one can be proud of and in what context. I was not casting anything other than my contemplation.

If you're not going to contribute to the actual thread question, or bring any semblance of humour to it, or give your opinion on the question, then why post on it?

I am contributing and giving my opinion, perhaps not in the way you would like me to, but that's how forums work dear boy.

Perhaps not. I like the British sense of humor and the way we do irony but I'm not 'proud' of it. I take pride in sacrifices people made for my freedom, but they came from many Nations.

I was actually referring to myself and considering what attributes one can be proud of and in what context. I was not casting anything other than my contemplation.

I am contributing and giving my opinion, perhaps not in the way you would like me to, but that's how forums work dear boy.

So your opinion is that iq does or does not affect people's tendancy towards monarchism?

And you were referring to yourself when you stated that people saying they are proud to be British often use that nationalism as an excuse for hate crimes/persecution? Then I really do not understand what you mean.

Please explain.

" I am immediately suspicious of people who feel strongly about their 'Nationality'. It is often complimented by their pride in their 'hetrosexuality', neither of which they have any say in. Stupid people then use these as reasons to attack those who are not of their persuasion. "

So nationalism should not be spoken out loud but it's ok to feel it without arousing your suspicions?

PS I'm not proud of being heterosexual. It's just a fact. Also has nothing to do with nationalism or monarchism or this thread

As people age their IQ drops significantly and royalist tendancies seem to increase.

In IQ tests, such as the ones used by Mensa, there is a factor that is added according to age. The older you are, the more extra points you get added. It's like a handicap in golf. It's a commonly held belief that brain agility, memory and the ability to concentrate reduces with age.

Now that doesn't mean old folks can't be wise and knowledgable but it does however mean they do less well in IQ tests.

I accept that occasionally it does takes a little longer to focus on a subject but that is light years away from a drop in IQ. Having said that, I think it is true that intelligence only indicates knowledge not wisdom which is gained through our life experiences.

I accept that occasionally it does takes a little longer to focus on a subject but that is light years away from a drop in IQ. Having said that, I think it is true that intelligence only indicates knowledge not wisdom which is gained through our life experiences.

So being a monarchist comes with wisdom and not through a drop in IQ in your opinion?

So your opinion is that iq does or does not affect people's tendancy towards monarchism?

Sorry but this is going to have to wait until tomorrow for a proper response. The more stupid someone is, the more likely they are to follow the crowd, so yes they will be more likely to be Monarchists. Tests on christians and free thinkers have shown the christians to be less intelligent and therefore less able to challenge the lies and propaganda they are being fed. I reckon that works with many Monarchists too. Simple enough for you?

As I am not a monarchist that question is hardly relevant

Have you never met others who are monarchists? Do you not know any monarchists personally?

That question was the title and question of this thread.

Sorry but this is going to have to wait until tomorrow for a proper response. The more stupid someone is, the more likely they are to follow the crowd, so yes they will be more likely to be Monarchists. Tests on christians and free thinkers have shown the christians to be less intelligent and therefore less able to challenge the lies and propaganda they are being fed. I reckon that works with many Monarchists too. Simple enough for you?

Simple enough and also your first actual answer to the question of the thread.

I didn't include religion in my observation as the person I consider to be the cleverest/smartest and greatest thinker I have ever met was a rabbi.

Met many very very intelligent people of different religions all of which I'm sure would score higher than me on any test.

Thanks for the opinion/contribution.

Archived