Monarchism and IQ?

You proclaim your own intelligence and then go on to wish for universal equality.

A redeeming feature of your post is the last line where you do at least acknowledge that universal equality doesn't exist.

Equality is an abstract mathematical concept, all humans are different and therefore by definition unequal.

Never proclaimed my own intelligence. I don't believe it even comes close to what people would call great.

Please explain how equality among humans has anything to do with mathematics.

Since the monarchy has been around for centuries what you're in effect suggesting is that British people have traditionally low IQs because the monarchy has always been popular. That's an absurd argument and senseless logic.

Nope. What I was ASKING was is it possible that, in this modern age, still being a monarchist was a sign of low intelligence.

Suggesting that something is right because it has been allowed to exist for a long time sounds equally as absurd and senseless to me.

Monarchism and IQ?

Not related or relevant in my opinion......however this thread has made me giggle, just for the sheer egotistical posts from some members.

Most of the fantastically intelligent people I know have no qualifications whatsoever...........never mind bringing the Monarchy into the equation!

Never proclaimed my own intelligence. I don't believe it even comes close to what people would call great.

Please explain how equality among humans has anything to do with mathematics.

Equality is a mathematical concept, the only equality among Humans is the fact that they are human. In general humans are unequal although two or more humans may be equal with regard to a particular well defined criterion.

Most of the fantastically intelligent people I know have no qualifications whatsoever...........never mind bringing the Monarchy into the equation!

Agreed. But I was asking your opinion on whether these fantastically intelligent people are monarchists and if that it attributed to their iq.

Irrespective of qualifications. Just people that you personally consider highly intelligent.

So please do bring monarchism into the equation as its the subject of this thread you just posted on.

Equality is a mathematical concept, the only equality among Humans is the fact that they are human. In general humans are unequal although two or more humans may be equal with regard to a particular well defined criterion.

Sounds more like philosophy or sociology than maths to me.

Have you given your opinion yet on whether a low IQ would make someone more likely to be a monarchist?

Sounds more like philosophy or sociology than maths to me.

Have you given your opinion yet on whether a low IQ would make someone more likely to be a monarchist?

I haven't, however, I will.

Some Monarchists will have superior IQ's with extremely well argued positions while others will have inferior IQ's with poor or non-existent arguments for their positions.

A similar argument holds for the range of arguments advanced by Republicans of differing intellectual calibre.

I suspect that most people with very low IQ's will have little if any interest in either Monarchism or Republicanism , I therefore contend that you are probably wrong.

Agreed. But I was asking your opinion on whether these fantastically intelligent people are monarchists and if that it attributed to their iq.

Irrespective of qualifications. Just people that you personally consider highly intelligent.

So please do bring monarchism into the equation as its the subject of this thread you just posted on.

Teddybare ..Bless you ...I don't really care about justifying my opinion to you ....or anyone else to be honest, <sweetsmile> :)

I haven't, however, I will.

Some Monarchists will have superior IQ's with extremely well argued positions while others will have inferior IQ's with poor or non-existent arguments for their positions.

A similar argument holds for the range of arguments advanced by Republicans of differing intellectual calibre.

I suspect that most people with very low IQ's will have little if any interest in either Monarchism or Republicanism , I therefore contend that you are probably wrong.

Could you argue that by having a low IQ you are more likely to go with public (majority) opinion as a means of avoiding it's complexity and showing ignorance?

Example:

Q. Do you believe in evolution?

A. Yes

Q. Why?

A. Because mostly everyone I know does (and I get to wave a flag)

Nope. What I was ASKING was is it possible that, in this modern age, still being a monarchist was a sign of low intelligence.

Suggesting that something is right because it has been allowed to exist for a long time sounds equally as absurd and senseless to me.

The reason the Monarchy contiues to exist is because it pleases the people to keep it. It doesn't exist against the will of the people (the majority that is) because if it did the Monarchy would have disappeared a long time ago.

It's obvious that the Royal Family are still very popular. It's easy to like the Royal Family and easy to despise and dislike politicians who are after all, unlike the Royals responsible for all the mistakes that land us in the mess we end up in.

Archived