Monarchism and IQ?

Those with enquiring minds are more likely to question the status quo and received wisdom. This applies to everything.

Humbug ! Those of us that do question the received wisdom of the status quo are generally roundly denounced for our non-pc views.

Take one tiny step from the "correct path" on global warming, immigration, Israel or WW2 history and your 'enquiring mind' becomes a 'manifestation of hatred' .

The reason the Monarchy contiues to exist is because it pleases the people to keep it. It doesn't exist against the will of the people (the majority that is) because if it did the Monarchy would have disappeared a long time ago.

It's obvious that the Royal Family are still very popular. It's easy to like the Royal Family and easy to despise and dislike politicians who are after all, unlike the Royals responsible for all the mistakes that land us in the mess we end up in.

Who are the Royal Family popular among?'

They are not liked or respected in this country.

The majority are republican and want shut of them.

It is only the monarsch buffoon who want them.

After 4 days being stuck with an extended family I've concluded that increasing royalist sentiment seems to match decreasing IQ fairly well. The people interviewed on tv during the jubilee seem to fit well with this theory.

My family members most excited by the jubilee were also the least bright ones.

As people age their IQ drops significantly and royalist tendancies seem to increase.

Wondering if anyone else had made similar observations or had a plausible explanation for this trend.

Or even possible examples of people you consider to be intelligent going against this trend in my observations.

Genuinely interested in hearing opposing views/observations.

So you're suggesting that everyone attending that massive concert crowd outside Buck House was a village idiot, or was in his or her dotage. I find that hard to believe. Then again, I'm in my 80th year so I'm allowed to enjoy events like this. I shall also be enjoying the Olympics, another event that seems to upset at least half of SF members, but I've become used to having winners to cheer, which comes hard when you have so few.:hihi:

Well I don't want the Mountbatten Windsors either but the truth is no one knows if I am in the majority or minority and whilst I cannot understand the reasoning of the monarchist I don't think they are buffoons, we just don't share the same opinions.

So you're suggesting that everyone attending that massive concert crowd outside Buck House was a village idiot, or was in his or her dotage. I find that hard to believe. Then again, I'm in my 80th year so I'm allowed to enjoy events like this. I shall also be enjoying the Olympics, another event that seems to upset at least half of SF members, but I've become used to having winners to cheer, which comes hard when you have so few.:hihi:

Were people there to see a concert or were they all there because they were monarchists?

If the concert didn't happen and it was just "go see the queen on her jubilee" do you think the crowd would've still been as huge?

Were people there to see a concert or were they all there because they were monarchists?

If the concert didn't happen and it was just "go see the queen on her jubilee" do you think the crowd would've still been as huge?

What a cynical post.:sad:

If the majority are Republican why is the issue of replacing the Monarchy not even remotely at the forefront?

The National Tiddywinks Championships are probaby higher up the scale of priorities.

I would have thought that during the Diamond Jubilee celebrations the Republicans would have been out in the streets demonstating by the thousands but the best they could come up with was a few scattered small groups here and there holding up cardboard signs which nobody even bothered about.

Seriously how many votes would a Monarchy Abolitionist party gain in a general election? Not enough to fill a box of Peak Freans biscuits

Archived