Remarrying in Church After Divorce

Does anyone know of any churches (methodist or C of E) that marry couples when at least one of them has been divorced?

Thanks to you all

You need to speak to your vicar.

http://www.yourchurchwedding.org/faqs/i39m-divorced-can-i-still-get-married-in-church.aspx

If you don't regularly attend church and you want to get married in one outside of your parish then you will also need to meet one to the qualifying criteria.

http://www.yourchurchwedding.org/youre-welcome/more-churches-to-choose-from.aspx

Good luck

jb

It used to be that you could not remarry in church after a divorce, but these days it seems to be down to the individual vicar.

The best thing to do is to approach the vicar of the church where you wish to marry, and discuss it with him.

If you don't regularly attend church and you want to get married in one outside of your parish then you will also need to meet one to the qualifying criteria.

http://www.yourchurchwedding.org/youre-welcome/more-churches-to-choose-from.aspx

That link is actually listing circumstances under which the vicar cannot refuse to marry you; even if you don't meet them, he might still choose to do so.

And, of course, it only applies to Anglican churches. The others do what they like anyway, since they are not established.

Does anyone know of any churches (methodist or C of E) that marry couples when at least one of them has been divorced?

Thanks to you all

I re-married after being divorced and used a methodist church in the area inwhich We bought a house. We could marry only if I was the innocent party which I was.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I'm re activating on behalf of my sister in law. Many years ago she had a civil service as her husband to be was a divorcee. She was happily married for many years but he got cancer and he passed away a few years ago.

She is due to marry again next year, to another divorcee. She had her children christened at her local church but wasn't allowed to marry there. This time round she would really like a church wedding. She plans to do her research but I thought I would see if she could get the 'heads up' by asking if anyone else has found a church that will marry divorcees. She is in Rotherham so this side of Sheffield is preferable.