Failed emissions 5 times!

Anyone got any ideas im all out now.... My peugeot 206 1.4 8v has failed its mot on emissions, i then went ahead with a full service...failed again.....new o2 sensor...failed again...new map sensor...failed again...new cat failed again. Its only failing on CO the first time it read 0.65 and after all the new parts its down to 0.5 and needs to be no more than 0.3 for a pass. Oh its also been hooked up-to a reader and it was showing no fault codes???? Anyone.....anything???

1 is your exhaust blowing at all from the manifold as this can send it to fault

2 misfiring is it doing any of this

3 try going to another test station as there machine might be faulty or let test station sort it out for you

just a few ideas for you let me know how you get on

Exhaust seems to be fine, was misfiring when i bought it a couple of months ago but sorted that with a new coil pack and injectors. Don't think the machine was faulty as i saw a few cars come in and out that passed/failed (unless its temperamental and doesn't like mine lol)

Try cleaning out the throttle body. as when i was cleaning them out there was loads of gunk.

Try putting some cleaner into the petrol and taking it for a long drive.

Good advice and should be the first thing you do really.

Is your temperature gauge working? A faulty temperature sensor can lead to the engine being run with some choke on continuously. This will have an effect on your emissions.

when i changed map/maf sensor auto choke doesnt engage but ive been checking as its just high CO readings to me indicates its been starved of air or overfueled , i forgot to mention it passes on natural idle, however i have just took the air box off to check if it is blocked in any way and found that the pipe/box from the front arch to the airbox is filled with water which in theory could allow it to pass on idle but fail on "fast idle" as it only allows enough air for burning efficient on tick over, anyway im charging my drill now and going to bang a couple of drain holes into it and see how it goes on emissions number 6

Anyone got any ideas im all out now.... My peugeot 206 1.4 8v has failed its mot on emissions, i then went ahead with a full service...failed again.....new o2 sensor...failed again...new map sensor...failed again...new cat failed again. Its only failing on CO the first time it read 0.65 and after all the new parts its down to 0.5 and needs to be no more than 0.3 for a pass. Oh its also been hooked up-to a reader and it was showing no fault codes???? Anyone.....anything???

Have you actually had it on the appropriate diagnostic machine (one that reads Peugeot-specific faults and not just a universal OBD reader) or have they just been randomly trying different parts?

when i changed map/maf sensor auto choke doesnt engage but ive been checking as its just high CO readings to me indicates its been starved of air or overfueled , i forgot to mention it passes on natural idle, however i have just took the air box off to check if it is blocked in any way and found that the pipe/box from the front arch to the airbox is filled with water which in theory could allow it to pass on idle but fail on "fast idle" as it only allows enough air for burning efficient on tick over, anyway im charging my drill now and going to bang a couple of drain holes into it and see how it goes on emissions number 6

Which did you change, MAP or MAF? How old is your 206 to have an automatic choke??

Archived