Failed emissions 5 times!

Have you actually had it on the appropriate diagnostic machine (one that reads Peugeot-specific faults and not just a universal OBD reader) or have they just been randomly trying different parts?

I bought some parts that would cure the symptoms of high CO, when i realized i was wasting my money by doing this i had the car hooked up-to snap-on machinery by a Citroen trained mechanic (not an eBay special machine) which threw up nothing, all sensors read fine (lambda etc..) iv only replaced the sensors as i can source these cheap enough to not burn a hole in the pocket. Theres been plenty of well qualified people have a look at this car including a Peugeot mechanic, how ever i found the air was being restricted by water in the air box feed pipe. So hopefully this shall be the one! lol

just took it for a test drive after removing the water from the airbox feed pipe (comes from nsf arch to under airbox) car goes like mad now..... most power its had since ive owned it, defo more efficient fuel burning now lets see on the emissions test

I changed the MAP sensor
Ah, I asked because you said MAF/MAP, which are two different things

its a 2000 w reg
I think they did away with automatic chokes way before this. I'm pretty sure yours will have a stepper motor instead.

just took it for a test drive after removing the water from the airbox feed pipe (comes from nsf arch to under airbox) car goes like mad now..... most power its had since ive owned it, defo more efficient fuel burning now lets see on the emissions test

Result, good luck with the retest!

Ah, I asked because you said MAF/MAP, which are two different things

I think they did away with automatic chokes way before this. I'm pretty sure yours will have a stepper motor instead.

Result, good luck with the retest!

ask me about how to make a part and i can (cnc machinist by trade) but ask what ive got im clueless i know it idles at 1100 rpm cold and 850 warm ... thought was auto choke lol.... yeah fingers crossed

AILED EMISSIONS TEST NUMBER 6, the CO reading has dropped to .46 which is still a fail how ever im only looking for .16 now

upon further investigation and talks with the garage the cat that was replaced was used (2months old) but a couple of things worry me about it.

1. the donor car had blown its head gasket which can cause problems with the cat

2. the spanner who fitted it had used exhaust paste BEFORE the cat (on the link pipe) which is also known to cause problems with the catalytic material

i now have a brand new cat which i plan on fitting over the weekend

This is unusual for Peugeot - we have had a 305, two 405's and now a 406 which we have put though a total of about 12 tests and never have they failed on emissions

My daughter's 1.1 206 struggles with emissions every test..just manages to scrape through..

Archived