Did anyone work at orgreave pit

I have been reading the Treeton Pit thread and have recognised many names and knew plenty of them. Didnt want to encroach on their thread so I thought I would start one for Orgreave. I worked there from 1967 till it closed then was transferred to Brookhouse till it closed. At Orgreave I was a fitter underground then on surface.

• 3 months later...

My Dad worked at orgreave his name was Billy Hannan, I remember going with him on Fridays to collect his wages, it seemed to be miles down the pit lane to the office, but they always gave me a little wage packet as well with pennies in it, then we went to the canteen for a glass of milk and a kit kat.

I was an apprentice and sparky there from 1965 till about 1972.

I think that was where my brother-in -law worked until he emigrated in 1968, his name was Don Sawford, sadly he has passed away now.

I did my underground training at Orgreave before working at Brookhouse.

This was on the 'training gallery' and i also remember it had a lovely well kept winding engine.

Also did my underground training at Orgreave, before going to Brookehouse

Archived