Raped as passengers too tight to lend someone 20p for bus fare

It's not rubbish it was a pretty perfect explanation of why you cannot blame the driver and passengers.

The other act was an act of unkindness-nothing more

If she had told the bus driver she had lost her purse, then you could accuse the driver of not protecting her but he/she would still not be in any way responsible for the rape. However he/she knew she could get home.

No.. Simple everyday acts of kindness are essential, unless you want to live in an awful world. All those that could have helped this young woman and did not have helped make this world a worse place than it is already. Why? for 20p

Would the driver face repercussions at work when his monies were added up and found not to balance with tickets issued? I would imagine the bus company would be pretty hot on cash not balancing with tickets.

Equally - would he face more trouble if his route was running late(r than usual) ?

For all I know that might be enough to have lost his job.

[Just playing devils advocate for a moment]

20p. don't be ridiculous - what kind of employer would do that?

Supposing they had helped and given her the 20p and then when she got off the bus she had been raped, would they still be at fault for helping her get to her destination. They didn’t know there was rapist nearby and he could just as easily been at the other end of her journey home.

An act of simple kindness is just that.

Acts of kindness will not stop evil, but will reduce evil.

Try to grasp that, or are you to far gone?

Not same thing is it? - the bus driver hadn't stolen anything, he could have took her name and address and issued her with non-payment ticket. He wasn't responsible for rape but he was out of order as a caring human being at 3am by leaving her there.

An act of simple kindness is just that.

Acts of kindness will not stop evil, but will reduce evil.

Try to grasp that, or are you to far gone?

You didn't answer the question, I would have given her the money to get home, but by your definition I would them have been directly responsible if she had been raped at the end of her journey.

How can it?

Hypothetically; I give my friend a lift into town. That night he gets into a fight and kills someone.

If I hadn't've given him a lift into town, he wouldn't've got into a fight, and he wouldn't've killed someone.

My act of kindness led to a bad outcome.

Archived