Raped as passengers too tight to lend someone 20p for bus fare

As a point of note from Nottingham City Transport Terms of Carriage (assuming it was an NCT bus):

37. An Unpaid Fare Voucher is available to passengers who have insufficient money to travel. An Unpaid Fare Voucher is issued when a passenger has provided and verified their name and address. The fare must then be paid at the Travel Centre within 2 working days.

So, the driver should have let her on (provided she had ID). Still doesn't make him in any way responsible for the rape, just crap at his job and a bit of a ****.

jb

http://www.nctx.co.uk/about/nottingham-city-transport-terms-and-conditions-of-carriage/

Wrong. try again.

It's not a fact. It's an opinion. If you think I'm incorrect then explain why.

If A > C or B > C, the outcome is still C - a dead old woman. Whether I intended to help her or ignore her on her journey is irrelevant. I'm not duty bound to help everyone I meet on my day - I'd never get anything done.

You've got the oddest set of ideas. I've never heard them before. :)

It's not a fact. It's an opinion. If you think I'm incorrect then explain why.

If A > C or B > C, the outcome is still C - a dead old woman. Whether I intended to help her or ignore her on her journey is irrelevant. I'm not duty bound to help everyone I meet on my day - I'd never get anything done.

You've got the oddest set of ideas. I've never heard them before. :)

Your wrong because if you had taken the first option at least you had tried to do some good.

Your wrong because if you had taken the first option at least you had tried to do some good.

Yet you go away with the guilt of having frightened an old woman to death. As a consequence you become morose, stressed and irritable. This affects your work and your marriage. Outcome: jobless and single living in a bedsit endlessly torturing yourself over how evil a man you are.

jb

Supposing they had helped and given her the 20p and then when she got off the bus she had been raped, would they still be at fault for helping her get to her destination. They didn’t know there was rapist nearby and he could just as easily been at the other end of her journey home.

At least you would have tried to help. Your intension was right.

Archived