Raped as passengers too tight to lend someone 20p for bus fare

do you know how rare things like this are?

also for the billionth time, she had money and the means to call home.

Why do you keep insisting its her fault? Whats wrong with you? were you on that bus? For certain people like you were.

Why do you keep insisting its her fault? Whats wrong with you? were you on that bus? For certain people like you were.

I didn't and you know I didn't.

Are you going to walk me to my bus and pay my fare for every night I ever have out?

I have not read the story, but I can imagine no circumstances under which it was correct to make the girl get off the bus. Never mind the rules, regulations, apportioning of blame etc, not to mention hindsight.

Whatever happened to compassion?

I will repeat for those of you that seem to have missed my last warning. Keep it civil and free from bickering and accusations please. There will be no further warnings next time the thread will be permanently locked and suspensions issued

If you told everyone on that bus that the girl would be raped if they did not provide 20p between them do you really believe they would refuse? Thats what you are suggesting and its mental!

Those were not the options on offer at the time.

Let's stick to what are clearly the facts. This young woman was on her own and needed 20p to get home and nobody had decency to offer at 3am knowing she was on her own. We should be looking as to why nobody would. We live in a lawless society where these incidents are more common than they were even 20 years ago and we should help each other anyway whether there is any risk or not. What's wrong with us that we don't in situations like this?

Let's stick to what are clearly the facts. This young woman was on her own and needed 20p to get home and nobody had decency to offer at 3am knowing she was on her own. We should be looking as to why nobody would. We live in a lawless society where these incidents are more common than they were even 20 years ago and we should help each other anyway whether there is any risk or not. What's wrong with us that we don't in situations like this?

I haven't argued with that, except to say that we don't know whether the passengers knew anything about it.

They are not to blame for the rape though.

This thread shows just how important it is for a headline to be accurate, the bbc should be ashamed!

Lets change things a bit..what if the woman had decided not to go for the bus but to wait for her mum anyway..should the people on the bus,having seen her,ask the bus driver to stop and offfer her a ride home paid for by the passengers..?

Lets change things a bit..what if the woman had decided not to go for the bus but to wait for her mum anyway..should the people on the bus,having seen her,ask the bus driver to stop and offfer her a ride home paid for by the passengers..?

Let's just stick to what actually happened as a reflection of the kind of society we live in:roll::roll: where we are not willing to help each other to the tune of even 20p

Let's just stick to what actually happened as a reflection of the kind of society we live in:roll::roll: where we are not willing to help each other to the tune of even 20p

So you would happily leave a single woman on her own...?

Archived