Raped as passengers too tight to lend someone 20p for bus fare

Let's just stick to what actually happened as a reflection of the kind of society we live in:roll::roll: where we are not willing to help each other to the tune of even 20p

What actually happened was a predatory rapist targetted a young woman..no fault of the passengers or driver..

Most of them probably didn't even know what was happening at the front of the bus...

That's just very unlikely apart from the ones upstairs seeing as she was there 8 minutes pleading to be let on.

Where did I say that? If you read my earlier posts you will see I said I would have offered the 20p and I am female BTW

I know you are :) ,not sure what the relevance of that is by the way.. I was referring to your non-answer of my earlier post about stopping to pick up any lone woman on the bus route...would you do it? If not why not? What is the difference between that and the subject we are discussing..a lone woman is a lone woman whatever the reason she's there..

I can't believe how readily people will accuse others for such a horrible crime. All the people on the bus were doing is going home (probably drunk) after a night out. The bus driver may not have allowed her on the bus and should have given her an unpaid ticket according to the rules stated previously but he/she did not send her away to get attacked. He/she sent her away knowing she had money to get home.

Aim the anger at the perpetrator.

That's just very unlikely apart from the ones upstairs seeing as she was there 8 minutes pleading to be let on.

Rightly or wrongly if they heard it they possibly thought it was another late night drunken argument and didn't want to be involved.. (I'm not implying she was drunk by the way before anyone jumps on me for that).They weren't forced to know what the conversation was about..do we know if anyone was asked for 20p? Do we know that the passengers knew the details..? Genuine questions

This thread shows just how important it is for a headline to be accurate, the bbc should be ashamed!

I'm thinking the same. It's presented as if the other passengers, knew the consequence of not forking out 20p, was rape. How on earth would they know that?

We live in a society, where if you do anything for anyone (even trying to help) it can land you in trouble (either reprisals and bitterness from the person you try to help, or legal reprisals if something does awry).

Also, if you help some people, it only encourages them to be dependent on others, to not help themselves, and become strong and responsible for themselves.

It's hard to make a judgement re: the other people on the bus, we weren't there, we don't know the full circumstances.

Archived