Raped as passengers too tight to lend someone 20p for bus fare

Thanks Ms McBeth, my sentiments exactly. She could have rung her mother from the bus to meet her at destination and I'm sure her mother would have had the 20p - it's ridiculous behaviour by so called caring society

She called her mother to collect her from the city ,after getting off the bus. It was during her walk to the meeting point she was attacked.

My daughter is a similar age she hasn't used public transport to get home from a night out in her life and seldom uses a taxi unless its share with others(costly out here).

Surely it's no effort to ensure your childs safety at anytime day or night.

(I'm not blaming anyone else but the rapist for her attack)

The bus driver faced disciplinary action from the bus company for his actions.

If you are a bus driver, please ensure that you are aware of what to do in this situation.

The blame for the rape lies with the rapist.

Absolutely correct about who is to blame for the rape but also the driver should have used a bit of compassion and common sense at that time in the morning for the sake of 20p.

What it must feel like in front of others to wield such power, and over 20p.

Aside from the idiot behind the wheel, Moran is to blame. Should the idiot behind the wheel have waived the 20p Moran would have chosen another victim. There was always going to be a victim.

20pence lol, what is 20 pence? I'd struggle to even purchase anything with that now. How can you turn away custom for the sake of 20p, few times at work a customer has been 10p/20p short, I don't mind it, infact I've often given them the 10pence extra to give back to me to make up their totals.

I refuse to believe the passengers didn't know about her situation, if the dispute was 8 minutes long, there is ALWAYS some idiot on the bus that complains about long interactions between driver and passenger on the bus, one of them is likely to have said something.

The bus driver is a total penis as far as I'm concerned, and not just because of the resulting attack, if he'd have refused anyone at any time of day for the sake of 20p I'd have said he was a penis.

No ones fault that she was raped, however, I bet the driver is now finding it very hard to live with himself, and indeed the passengers too (If they were all aware of the situation)

Seriously ''Oh she SHOULD have had the fair required'' yeah, she should, but things happen and sometimes you don't do you. Thankfully I don't have to use busses, but when I did, I hated every single journey.

Some interesting views here. All I know is that some younger people spending inordinate amounts of time arguing with bus drivers over claiming not to have money/passes is becoming a huge problem. They don't seem to mind holding up an entire busload of people while they try to get their way.

So far, people have laid the blame on a) the girl b) the bus passengers c) the bus driver/company policy and d) the rapist. But aren't the true villains escaping attention?

Whenever we see a story (often) of a pit-bull dog or similar savaging a child, nobody ever blames the dog. After all, it's a wild animal without any thoughts. Instead, we blame the person 'in charge' of the animal.

What if the wild animal here is the rapist? And who is to blame for his continued savage behaviour over a number of years? Don't bother saying it's the 'mother' - she is one of a growing number of people who was born bad, is living bad and will die bad - totally pointless trying to change them. People like that never change.

So shouldn't the blame go to the army of social workers, probation officers authoring highly-favourable pre-sentence reports, criminal defence barristers lying on his behalf and idiot judges?

If any of these so-called 'professionals' had shown any common sense instead of a desire just to line their own pockets, this particular wild animal wouldn't have escaped 'justice' for so long and would have been incapable of continuing his vile 'career'.

Some interesting views here. All I know is that some younger people spending inordinate amounts of time arguing with bus drivers over claiming not to have money/passes is becoming a huge problem. They don't seem to mind holding up an entire busload of people while they try to get their way.

So far, people have laid the blame on a) the girl b) the bus passengers c) the bus driver/company policy and d) the rapist. But aren't the true villains escaping attention?

Whenever we see a story (often) of a pit-bull dog or similar savaging a child, nobody ever blames the dog. After all, it's a wild animal without any thoughts. Instead, we blame the person 'in charge' of the animal.

What if the wild animal here is the rapist? And who is to blame for his continued savage behaviour over a number of years? Don't bother saying it's the 'mother' - she is one of a growing number of people who was born bad, is living bad and will die bad - totally pointless trying to change them. People like that never change.

So shouldn't the blame go to the army of social workers, probation officers authoring highly-favourable pre-sentence reports, criminal defence barristers lying on his behalf and idiot judges?

If any of these so-called 'professionals' had shown any common sense instead of a desire just to line their own pockets, this particular wild animal wouldn't have escaped 'justice' for so long and would have been incapable of continuing his vile 'career'.

What? Are you kidding????

Why don't we just blame God for creating the world which we live in. If God hadn't put us on this planet, not 1 person would ever get raped. I hate God!

At £5 for a bus fare I would say the greedy bus firm and the greedy fuel companys played a part in this young lady's terrible luck. Obviously Moran was the scum that perpetrated the crime but really what kind of person would leave some one miles from home in the middle of the night. Shame on the bus driver for the sake of 20p in a £5 fare. I just hope that if he is ever faced with a similar situation he makes the better choice next time.

Blame a whole group of professionals based on no evidence at all. Way to go. Not.

Archived