Raped as passengers too tight to lend someone 20p for bus fare

It is people like you llamatron that don't help the people that need it. That is a fact, just read all your post on this topic and it shows you are pretty sick an selfish as far as helping people is concerned.

Don't worry about it, there must be a reason you feel this way. There are many kind and loving ways you can solve your problems as wel as being hard closed and stuck like a rock.

rubbish, I give people money when they are short but I don't allow innocent people to accused based on a headline. No one was raped because they weren't lent 20p!

He told the court: "The fare was £5. She had only £4.80. The bus driver would not waive the 20p. She asked him if he could wait while she got some money from a nearby cash machine.

He refused that request too. She was effectively turfed off the bus and left stranded at 3am."

Seems fundamentally mean spirited.

If you actually look at my op, I didn't say anyone was blaming her for being raped, I said she was being criticised, which she has been. And you're still doing it ...

Unlike some, most of us are imperfect and sometimes we don't think to check what the busfare might be, or we forget our phone or keys, or don't take our credit card on a night out. And with hindsight there are always things that we would do differently. Fortunately, these oversights don't usually result in an horrific attack like this one, but there but for sheer luck go we.

Turning anyone off the late night bus for the sake of 20p, or even £2 is one of those things that shouldn't happen, especially these days, in my opinion.

I'm sorry that you feel you've been unfairly misquoted, but I only snip for brevity. Your original posts are still there in their entirety for anyone to read.

Those things were not true though. If they were maybe (and hopefully) the bus driver would let her on, She had a cash card and she had the option of a lift. The bus driver and passengers are not at fault and it is not fair for them to be blamed.

I don't think its a criticism, it is her responsibility to make sure she can get home. That is all I am saying. Placing the guilt on the passengers and bus driver is not acceptable. The bus driver knew she could get home.

she was 22 not 12. Its her responsibility to make sure she has enough money to get home. I never go out without keeping more than enough to get home again. I don't see why this has anything to do with the bus driver or other passengers:huh:

Blame the victim? pathetic.

What choice do they have in that case? You have already filled up. I would call that stealing!

It's only stealing if you intend to permanently deprive them of the cash. I, for one, have filled up and then had my card declined. I simply gave them my details and popped back the following day with the cash. No stealing involved.

jb

Blame the victim? pathetic.

It would be if I was. You know I am not though.

...unless of course you only read the headlines of a story then snap to a judgement!

There are two very distinct issues

1) The bus driver not letting a woman on the bus late at night for the sake of 20p

we do not know he had 20p in his pocket of his own money

we do not know the policy of the bus company for dealing with this

we know he/she knew she had money to phone someone and a cash card

2) She got raped by someone

The bus driver and passengers could be guilty of not being charitable but their lack of charity had nothing to do with what happened to her afterwards.

That is all I am saying!

The driver could have used his discretion, Mr Smith...

The driver of the bus didn't commit the crime against this young woman, the rapist did. However, IMO, the driver contributed to the woman being attacked by refusing her permission to travel.

The driver KNEW he was leaving a young woman behind, alone, in the early hours of the morning. It wasn't like it was the middle of the day, when the city was bustling, and there were loads of people around. As I understand it it was about 3am, and the .

For the sake of 20p, he could have allowed her to travel, and taken her name and address, issuing her with an unpaid fare docket, or he could have been chivalrous and waived the 20p altogether.

I agree with Rubydazzler's comment that the other passengers may not have been aware that the lady was just 20p light for her fare. you can't always see/ hear what's going on by the driver's cab when you are further down the bus. if you are upstairs, then almost certainly not.

Which is what I have said, and the bus company would still have made some extra money, it's not like she wanted to use the bus for free and there’s nothing to suggest she was in any way abusive. She was just someone who needed a tiny insignificant bit of help, but sadly that help wasn’t offered. :(

Your comments are offensive in the extreme.

The young lady was not to blame for being raped.

Are you reading the posts correctly because llamatron hasn't blamed her?:confused:

And I wouldn't say their posts are offensive, they lack a little compassion maybe but they aren’t offensive.

Are you reading the posts correctly because llamatron hasn't blamed her?:confused:

And I would say their posts are offensive, they lack a little compassion maybe but they aren’t offensive.

I don't really understand how people can reply to things they clearly haven't read:hihi: (aimed at the person you quoted!)

I am aiming some compassion at the bus driver and people on the bus thats all. They are not guilty of this horrible crime even if they refused to give her 20p. I imagine they are feeling pretty guilty and people accusing them like they comitted the rape will not help.

Archived