Raped as passengers too tight to lend someone 20p for bus fare

out of what? she could not get the bus (her fauilt)

she got raped (not her fault)

I dont need to wriggle out of anything:loopy:

The only person claiming these things are related was the op (and now some others on this thread). The police agree with me and so does the writer of the story (although the person doing the headlines well and truly hooked you!)

You are the ones applying guilt to the passengers on the bus and the bus driver. That is just not fair!

ME?? Think again, I've said nothing about the passengers or the driver. I simply pointed out that they aren't related and NOBODY should be placing blame on anyone other than the rapist.

It would be if I was. You know I am not though.

...unless of course you only read the headlines of a story then snap to a judgement!

There are two very distinct issues

1) The bus driver not letting a woman on the bus late at night for the sake of 20p

we do not know he had 20p in his pocket of his own money

we do not know the policy of the bus company for dealing with this

we know he/she knew she had money to phone someone and a cash card

2) She got raped by someone

The bus driver and passengers could be guilty of not being charitable but their lack of charity had nothing to do with what happened to her afterwards.

That is all I am saying!

20p worth of humanity. Sickens me that so many people can have so little charity.

rubbish, I give people money when they are short but I don't allow innocent people to accused based on a headline. No one was raped because they weren't lent 20p!

I just can't think of all the titels but there are some right funny movies out there where one little silly thing just like 20 pence in the beginning result in great outcomes at the end.

Life is just like that. In this case the 20 pence and refusal of people to help turned into a big brutal rape. You could make a good moviescript out of that.

When I am on a bus at 2/3 back I can hear a conversation between a passenger/driver about a few pence and begging for help.

I will PM you my personal bankdetails so you can prove how generous you really are. I will donate it to sick childrens hospital.

I don't really understand how people can reply to things they clearly haven't read:hihi:

I am aiming some compassion at the bus driver and people on the bus thats all. They are not guilty of this horrible crime even if they refused to give her 20p. I imagine they are feeling pretty guilty and people accusing them like they comitted the rape will not help.

There you go, I stick up for you and you just laugh at my post and no one is accusing them like they committed the rape.:(

20p worth of humanity. Sickens me that so many people can have so little charity.

Maybe it is sickening that no one lent it her but that doesn't make them responsible for raping her, there is only one person to blame for that. [i wonder who llamatron means-she must mean the victim RANT]

ME?? Think again, I've said nothing about the passengers or the driver. I simply pointed out that they aren't related and NOBODY should be placing blame on anyone other than the rapist.

Really? well I do. I think they are disgusting people who by there inaction helped a rapist.

There you go, I stick up for you and you just laugh at my post and no one is accusing them like they committed the rape.:(

no I was having a go at the person you quoted not you.

For the bold see page 3 (particular gems in posts 67 and 72)!

thats exactly what I was doing.

Didn't look like that though, did it? I'm just saying, and I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Anyway. I'm done argueing. I understand what you're trying to say and that you don't blame the victim.

I think they are disgusting people who by there inaction helped a rapist.

A person can't be responsible by proxy. Do you equally blame the bus driver/taxi driver who took the rapist into town? Or the person who sold a rapist a car so he can drive himself into town? Or the people giving a rapist a job so he can afford the bus far/car payment to take himself into town?

It's endlessly shifting, and it's false anyway.

Archived