Raped as passengers too tight to lend someone 20p for bus fare

:hihi:

I actually think its quite sick to share out the blame like that, the rapist is wholly responsible for a rape.

Its not sick and disgusting not to lend someone 20p, it may be uncharitable.

So do I. The only person to blame is the rapist. Shifting a share of responsibility back through the events preceding the attack is a never ending series of what ifs... and serves no purpose other than to shift blame.

jb

Any moral philosophy built on a chain of events can only fail.

Action A > B > C > D (Rape, Murder, etc)

Thus A = responsible for D.

If Action A was something pleasant, like giving the girl £10 so she could celebrate graduation and enjoy her night out, we'd find it incredibly odd to blame them for the rape. Yet if Action A is something petty like throwing her off a bus, some people happily come to that conclusion.

The act of throwing her off a bus was mean spirited, but it does not make them in any way culpable or responsible for what happened later that night.

At the point she needed help, everyone that could have helped her did not. A simple act of kindness was beyond so many individuals, sickening.

Thats right. Sickening it is.

A person that does not help is not an individual. It is someone sleepwalking through live unaware, unconscious. Nothing enters their heart or soul or intelligence anymore. These people have lost all their intelligence in daydreaming.

Intuition. Any individual awake aware would have felt the trouble coming. You can feel things like this in your heart and soul before they have happened, like a raincloud coming your way. It is a certain vibration in the air that something is going to happen. You respond to that feeling and take action.

So do I. The only person to blame is the rapist. Shifting a share of responsibility back through the events preceding the attack is a never ending series of what ifs... and serves no purpose other than to shift blame.

jb

No. buy helping in such a minor way at the point where help was needed, those that ignored her would have made this world just that tiny bit better. Instead they helped by there inaction to make it worse.

Thats right. Sickening it is.

A person that does not help is not an individual. It is someone sleepwalking through live unaware, unconscious. Nothing enters their heart or soul or intelligence anymore. These people have lost all their intelligence in daydreaming.

Intuition. Any individual awake aware would have felt the trouble coming. You can feel things like this in your heart and soul before they have happened, like a raincloud coming your way. It is a certain vibration in the air that something is going to happen. You respond to that feeling and take action.

So, do you patrol the streets of Sheffield (or wherever you live) detecting trouble before it occurs and informing the police? If not then, by your logic, you are culpable for all the crimes that are committed that you could have prevented.

jb

This is post 58

no I was having a go at the person you quoted not you.

For the bold see page 3 (particular gems in posts 67 and 72)!

Posts 67 and 72 were in the future so I was right that no one was accusing them, but you appear to have predicted the future with some accuracy, so now I retract my earlier statement.:o

Archived