Issues with the Royal Mail

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering whether any of you have been experiencing problems with the Royal mails services (post the 30% increase in prices) and the diabolical lack of customer service resulting in this?

The reason I ask is I've had an issue in that I posted an item off to a person by recorded delivery. The item was signed for by the recipient however two weeks later the recipient contacted me to say the parcel hadn't arrived. After lots of phoning it would appear that and I quote from the royal mail " the recipient signed for the item and yet the item was left (yes left unattended) on his doorstep as he wasn't in" so exactly how can this be signed for by the recipient if there was no one in at the time of signing???

It is also an offence for an item to be left unattended.

The royal mail are as a result refusing to compensate me almost two months later stating that the item has been signed for?!?!?! The depot manager is playing at being difficult as he's trying to pass the buck onto someone else... namely the so called recipient.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions please?

Thank you

can you request the details of the signature?

as everything is signed for now with the electronic signature scanners, you should be able to identify if indeed it is the recipients signature.

is the parcel related to an ebay sale or paid for by paypal?

if so, you may be able to get some advice from them.

its very frustrating to hear stories like this, i send all my orders signed for delivery to comply with seller protection via paypal, but this does make a mockery of the systems in place. :(

x

The reason I ask is I've had an issue in that I posted an item off to a person by recorded delivery. The item was signed for by the recipient however two weeks later the recipient contacted me to say the parcel hadn't arrived. After lots of phoning it would appear that and I quote from the royal mail " the recipient signed for the item and yet the item was left (yes left unattended) on his doorstep as he wasn't in" so exactly how can this be signed for by the recipient if there was no one in at the time of signing???

(i) Verify the actual signature online (enter tracking code in RM online page for it)

(ii) take screenshot of signature (Google 'FScapture') and email/check with the intended recipient, whether that is his/her signature

(iii) If it is not, prepare/obtain witness statement from the intended recipient, that this signature obtained from the postman is not his/her

(iv) Write to RM (recorded delivery again) with copy (not original) of witness statement, demanding insured amount within 10 working days or you will file proceedings in small claims court and report the offence to police for prosecution of fraud case

(v) If RM does not comply, file @ SCC and report to police as directed on 11th day.

Let us know how you go on :)

can you request the details of the signature?

as everything is signed for now with the electronic signature scanners, you should be able to identify if indeed it is the recipients signature.

is the parcel related to an ebay sale or paid for by paypal?

if so, you may be able to get some advice from them.

its very frustrating to hear stories like this, i send all my orders signed for delivery to comply with seller protection via paypal, but this does make a mockery of the systems in place. :(

x

I can see the signature on the track and trace website and it looks like "Zorro" has signed for it. I have been contemplating contacting the Police about an act of fraud of which while the recipient seems happy to follow on with this really it is he who should follow this bit up as opposed to me.

I can see the signature on the track and trace website and it looks like "Zorro" has signed for it. I have been contemplating contacting the Police about an act of fraud of which while the recipient seems happy to follow on with this really it is he who should follow this bit up as opposed to me.

Yep,as far as I can see you've done all your bit,sent it recorded and got a signature..it's up to the recipient to take it up with the carrier I would say...

Whos to say the recipient did sign for it but left it on the doorstep while he went off to do something else? If RM have the correct signature on the document then how are they to blame?

The plot thickens: the recipient had an agreement sort of unofficial that items were to be left hidden if he wasn't in however this violates the royal mails policies as in they are not allowed to do this which explains why the item was signed for yet went missing. If the item is not signed for by the recipient then the royal mail have to return the item to the depot to be either redelivered another day or collected and there are no exceptions to this ruling. Even a neighbour now cannot take in a parcel due to thefts in the past. This is the whole thing around signed for packages that they are signed for by the recipient and hence the extra costs involved.

The depot manager has closed ranks and refuses to co-operate since its a member of his staff that has done this so has in effect broken the royal mails policies to suit him without engaging his brain first and now they won't cough up.

The transaction was through Paypal and ebay therefore because I can prove delivery has occured then there are no issues. The only issue I have is that the buyer could leave me negative feedback through something which is not my fault and all thanks to the royal sodding mail.

The depot manager has closed ranks and refuses to co-operate since its a member of his staff that has done this so has in effect broken the royal mails policies to suit him without engaging his brain first and now they won't cough up.

Is there no-one higher you or the recipient can write to?..although you've really done your bit haven't you?

Is there no-one higher you or the recipient can write to?..although you've really done your bit haven't you?

Apparently not other than maybe god and devine intervention, the RM are simply not being remotely helpful.

If I'm honest the chap is being very understanding considering since the item was posted on the 19th April and so called delivered just a few days later, yet he's £££ down.

I suppose the 30% increase in charges has resulted in a 30% decrease in after sales service which is probably why they are losing both contracts and customers hand over foot. On announcing the price increases the contract they had with the company I work for binned them and went to another well known company instead.............

Archived