Woodhouse west School

Ahhh so happy memories of Woodhouse West.

I was there from 53 to 59...my older sisters and brother all went there as well.

I remember Mr. Vaughan...best headmaster ever, Nora Richardson...as said nobody ever crossed her, Mr. Thorpe....remember his old leather briefcase, Miss Moody...did she ever have a different hairstyle, Mrs. Griffiths...she had room with fireplace, Miss Bingham, Mr. Wallace, Mr. Beeston, Miss Tongue

I also remeber when school was remodelled...we sat in class in our coats it was so cold.

Does anyone remember Jacqueline Hardy getting hit by the bus on Coisley Hill and losing part of her leg

I remember Mr. Beeston ( Cocky ) who didn't like using the cane and Miss Richardson ( Nora ) Mr. Wallace ( Edgar ) my favourite Mr Thorpe - I can't remember a nickname but when he taught my class there were 52 children in

it and - I may be wrong - but I think Mr Vaughan's nickname was Ragman.

I'm not sure about Jaqueline Hardy's accident - but it stirs a memory

• 4 weeks later...

Mrs Adams was my 2nd teacher and i was in the prefabs ( i remember her because she scared me ) .. i cant remember my 1st teacher but my Dad can i must ask him when i see him next ... i was Maria Williamson and i lived on the Severnside Estate

my first day at school i remember the prefabs lol i dont recognise the name im affriad names i remember was wayne rymel he lived on there and paula blackwood (lovley coloured girl bless her do you remember her we was inseperable ......wendy ray ??? erm oooo am thinkin darren currie ??? ....julie plant ... does any of them names ring a bell ??