OAP's in McDonalds

Men's effective retirement age had fell to 60 under labour.

Pension credit at 60, job done.

Please don't bring up pension credit, we OAPs who've contributed to have a few quid extra were sold up the river when that was introduced. By the time we've paid our council tax, dentist's bills etc., we're hardly better off.

Just consider that a couple on full pension credit get £217 a week plus housing and council tax benefits. If I'd known that pensions were going to be means tested, I could have left it to the government to keep me and my OH in retirement. ;)

Then perhaps we could have eaten out more often when we were young, and complained about pensioners.

OK who has to retire at 72? Not just could have to but actually have to wait until they're 72?.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/pensions/7944725/Pension-age-would-have-to-reach-72-to-keep-costs-at-previous-levels.html

They reckon my generation will have to.

Revolution will come long before then though, mark my words.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/pensions/7944725/Pension-age-would-have-to-reach-72-to-keep-costs-at-previous-levels.html

They reckon my generation will have to.

Revolution will come long before then though, mark my words.

"The PPI says that to keep costs down to 2000 levels, the pension age would have to rise to 68 by 2030 and to return expenditure to 1981 levels it would have to go up to 72. "

So it's all woulds and coulds..? At the moment there are no plans to do this...

On top of this they have the cheek to sit there and go " the chips arnt even chips and time you sit down they are cold"

++++ off to starbucks then ora coffee shop where you are not being a complete pain in the arse

But no the next day they will do the same, they could get any bus into town they have all day free but no it has to be at peak time before 9am holding everyone up with those stupidly oversized wheel shopping trolleys that they take to put 1 packet of biscuits in from the market, seriusly you couldnt carry that?

Also walking round the supermarket taking all day to get out iof the bloody way, if it is that much of a struggle do internet shopping, apparntly they defeated the germans in combat but "have no idea about them pc things"

Come on you don't have long left just stay in the house instead of making other peoples life a misery. :rant::rant::rant:

On top of this they have the cheek to sit there and go " the chips arnt even chips and time you sit down they are cold"

++++ off to starbucks then ora coffee shop where you are not being a complete pain in the arse

But no the next day they will do the same, they could get any bus into town they have all day free but no it has to be at peak time before 9am holding everyone up with those stupidly oversized wheel shopping trolleys that they take to put 1 packet of biscuits in from the market, seriusly you couldnt carry that?

Also walking round the supermarket taking all day to get out iof the bloody way, if it is that much of a struggle do internet shopping, apparntly they defeated the germans in combat but "have no idea about them pc things"

Come on you don't have long left just stay in the house instead of making other peoples life a misery. :rant::rant::rant:

fair enough, you had a moan. But now you've gone too far.

I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself from now on.

Incredible winge!

You must have been abandoned as a child,and never knowing your grand parents.

I can be a wee bit controversial at times on here,but you are one bitter cretin.

the chips arnt even chips and time you sit down they are cold

They most likely aren't proper chips, fast food, convenience food, frozen?.We did them from scratch......

it has to be at peak time before 9am

Can't use our bus passes before 9.30.

stupidly oversized wheel shopping trolleys that they take to put 1 packet of biscuits in from the market, seriusly you couldnt carry that?

Some of these "oversized trolleys" can also be a walking aid as well.

apparntly they defeated the germans in combat but "have no idea about them pc things"

I'm 70 already but I never got involved with anybody in combat. I do shop online occasionally but still like to feel before I buy.

Come on you don't have long left just stay in the house instead of making other peoples life a misery.

I could have even longer than you because at least I don't go around demanding everyone gets out of my way so I can get on with my life unhindered by people I deem to be less important than myself.

When I do go, I've promised myself that I WILL come back and haunt all the jumped up self important little BIG people that I've ever come across in my life.

What an obnoxious self-obsessed whinger you are; you probably feel that all older people are as lazy and feckless as your own parents who quite obviously could not be bothered to teach you the importance of good manners and respect for others.

Archived