A bank question.

I really hope thats not true :(

I wouldn't listen to all the people spouting their crap in here, totally irrelevant to your question. Most Visa card refunds are processed by the BACS payment service, this means the payment can take 3-4 working days to hit your account.

Your bank will see it at the same time as you, i.e. when it goes in to your account.

I wouldn't listen to all the people spouting their crap in here, totally irrelevant to your question. Most Visa card refunds are processed by the BACS payment service, this means the payment can take 3-4 working days to hit your account.

Your bank will see it at the same time as you, i.e. when it goes in to your account.

HANG ON A MINUTE!!!

Question 1: How come when i make a payment then my card is deducted straight away but when i am waiting for a payment it takes three to five working days?

Question 2: Do the banks "hold onto" money for a few days to gain interest on it before releasing into an account?

The Lady wanted to know if banks hold onto money for a few days to serve there own purposes and i confirmed it. My reply was relevant.

The following replies confirmed i was telling the truth.

Your the only one spouting and your response was the only one that didnt answer her question, she already knows that the transaction takes three days and wants to know why.

I talk from first hand experience and knowledge as with all the other super smart people that have replied to this thread.

Pity that there are so many ignorant folks out there who havn't got the slightest clue about how criminal and corrupt our banking system is.

Please can you do the following for me:

1) Stop drinking fluoridated water (The government puts it in the water suppy to dumb us down)

2) Stop eating diet products, they contain aspartame, a drug created by Donald Rumsfelds company it didnt make it past FDA requirements as a safe food suppliment so he got a job in Government and changed the FDA guidelines.

3) Eat fresh vegatables whole foods, nuts and fruit.

Then maybe your brain will start to function again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payment_Services_Directive

From the EC document: What it Means for Consumers EU-wide rules to increase your rights; Faster payments (From 1 January 2012, payment must be no later than next day);

I honestly cannot believe the lies the bank have told me today, its disgusting that they get away with it :rant:

The Payee has took me step by step through the process of sending me the money right up until it was cleared and dispatched to hit my account and that was at 14.40 on the 7th June...

Apparently it goes straight into my account but when i have spoken to the bank they have no knowledge of where it is at all...so where the hell is it?

Both the company and the bank are blaming each other and each is saying the other still has it..

I am mad as hell right now, got a massive direct debit due out and some of that money was going to be used to clear it

Your bank will have a policy on cleared funds …….. what does it say? Does it really matter where it is, its not available until its cleared.

The thing is the bank are telling me it is not in any of their systems at all but the payee have proven it left their systems on thursday so where has it got to~?

The thing is the bank are telling me it is not in any of their systems at all but the payee have proven it left their systems on thursday so where has it got to~?

Wrong account? I once wrote a cheque to pay a credit card but mistakenly wrote the wrong account number on the back of it..the CC company wrote to me to tell me they hadn't recieved a payment..I checked with my bank and the money was in a suspense account waiting for me to ask what had happened...

Wrong account? I once wrote a cheque to pay a credit card but mistakenly wrote the wrong account number on the back of it..the CC company wrote to me to tell me they hadn't recieved a payment..I checked with my bank and the money was in a suspense account waiting for me to ask what had happened...

T he bank have told me they have checked their suspence account and it is not there :huh:

It appears to have vanished :(

Archived