Franklin Street

ngineer

Hi Treatment, do you remember there were two metal posts which supported a roof between the old toilets and the school building, we used this as a goal. I attended Sharrow lane school from 1941 until Easter 1952.

I don't, I regret, I left in 1965.:)

Apparently not. Do you sometimes wonder why you bother, hillsbro? There seems little point in starting a thread and then never going back to it..:rolleyes:

I often think this beechnut especially when hillsbro goes to so much trouble to research for people.There's a chance that the op may come back, they could be away on holiday or something, I'll give benefit of doubt.

If I put a post on like that I'd be checking every day but, that's folks for you.

Regards,

Duffems

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi Thorpy, sorry for the delay, just moved house closer to Sheffield and everything seems to have gone adrift. No I didn't have a sister called Vicky or any Grandparents who might fit your description. I lived on Priory Place just along Wostenholm Road hence going to the Sharrow St Johns Cubs who were the 139th if I remember correctly. Also attended Sharrow Lane School so knew loads of kids on Franklin Street, Club Garden etc.

Not sure where they all went when they pulled down Franklin Street

Howdy all....this is my first post.....Please stick with it as I find my way around the layout of the site....// I am interested in any contacts..and history/photos of Franklin Street... I am David Johnson,d.o.b. 1946...I went to Sharrow Lane School./Then Newfield school/..Sharrow St.Johns....Sunday school./.Cubs./.scouts./.scout band./.youth club./.I lived at the 'open all hours' off licence shop on the corner of Salmon Street/Franklin St.//John Root.? Clive Bradshaw.?.Peter Kirk.? Tony Parks.? John Woodthorpe.? Mick Grayson.? John Wood from Foxholes Lodge at Rivelin,is a longshot,but you never know.. It would be great to hear from old friends...Cheers,DJ.

Edited by oscar 215
posted incomplete text

Hi David - welcome to the Forum!

:)Gotcha'..- hillsbro.-.thanks a lot for that speedy reply....As I understand it then......the comment that is 'replied to'....is contained in the box ? above the message of the person who is replying / or continuing with the 'thread'.... I will grasp the format after sending this next text.... many thanks for the photo link... thats just what I am hoping for... Cheers from .. DJ.

Howdy all....this is my first post.....Please stick with it as I find my way around the layout of the site....// I am interested in any contacts..and history/photos of Franklin Street... I am David Johnson,d.o.b. 1946...I went to Sharrow Lane School./Then Newfield school/..Sharrow St.Johns....Sunday school./.Cubs./.scouts./.scout band./.youth club./.I lived at the 'open all hours' off licence shop on the corner of Salmon Street/Franklin St.//John Root.? Clive Bradshaw.?.Peter Kirk.? Tony Parks.? John Woodthorpe.? Mick Grayson.? John Wood from Foxholes Lodge at Rivelin,is a longshot,but you never know.. It would be great to hear from old friends...Cheers,DJ.

Hi there oscar,what were the names of your mum and dad. I remember going in "The Corner Shop" I lived on Washington Road and went to the schools you mention,although i am slightly younger than you.The thing i remember most about the chap who had corner shop was he had web fingers,had never seen them before and being only young ,well you know. Hope you have luck getting in touch with old friends.

Hi there oscar,what were the names of your mum and dad. I remember going in "The Corner Shop" I lived on Washington Road and went to the schools you mention,although i am slightly younger than you.

Howdy Thai..Thanks for your text..My dad did indeed have 4 fingers on each hand...his two middle fingers were ' joined' rather than webbed... and to us..(family) was nothing out of the ordinary. He was never handicapped by this at all, in fact his woodwork and drawing skills were better than most. We had the shop from around 1959 untill the demolition ...63 ?? ish ? They were Evelyn and George..Johnson. He had a motorbike and sidecar./. Washington road you say..? then did you know Linda Firth.. who married Peter Mosley.? /and did you have your hair cut with 'Horace Hull' the barber ? cor blimey... used to sit ages waiting for "next" ...Cheers mate ,,DJ. :)