Franklin Street

ngineer

This is my first post so hi everyone connected to franklin street.

do any of these names ring a bell, Tony Parkes, Michael wright, David Johnson,

Peter Mosely. Peter Kirk, Trevor Kirk, Linda. Jean and Paul Bloomer, Les and Rodney Birch, Peter Pullen, Brian Smith, David Coggan, Pauline West, Mick, Frank and Johnny Leavesly, Danny Staniforth, Bobby Jackson, Stan White, Norman White, and Vicky White.

I recall David Johnson had a shiny new three wheel car,yellow if I am not mistaken,his dad ran the corner shop and drove a Royal Enfield motorcycle.Only one person missing ME LOL. .Do you remember the gas lamp outside the corner shop ,pitch melting between the cobbles on hot sunny days, and sledging down salmon street in freezing winters. Yard hopping and Kick can.

Edited by deeda

Peter Mosely. Peter Kirk, Trevor Kirk, Linda. Jean and Paul Bloomer, Les and Rodney Birch, Peter Pullen, Brian Smith, David Coggan, Pauline West, Mick, Frank and Johnny Leavesly, Danny Staniforth, Bobby Jackson, Stan White, Norman White, and Vicky White.

I recall David Johnson had a shiny new three wheel car,yellow if I am not mistaken,his dad ran the corner shop and drove a Royal Enfield motorcycle.Only one person missing ME LOL. .Do you remember the gas lamp outside the corner shop ,pitch melting between the cobbles on hot sunny days, and sledging down salmon street in freezing winters. Yard hopping and Kick can.

Hi deeda, some bits of info. I didn't live on Franklin St, but attended Sharrow Lane 51 to 58

I met up with David Johnson and the Bloomer sisters earlier this year.

Peter Moseley married Linda Firth, his sister Josie married an old school pal of mine,

Michael O'Sullivan. Do you remember Mervyn Nichols, I think he lived on Franklin Street.

Hi running man, Mervin Nichols lived at the bottom half of Franklin street below sidebottoms shop he lived just above Trevor Simpson.I lived on the corner of salmon street and Franklin street no:79

---------- Post added 07-11-2015 at 20:57 ----------

Hi running man,can't pm you till I've put five posts on but will do as soon as. Living in the West Midlands now(Dudley) so any pics or info from anyone would be great.was born in 1947 and went to Sharow Lane school about 51/52

Edited by deeda

Hi running man, Mervin Nichols lived at the bottom half of Franklin street below sidebottoms shop he lived just above Trevor Simpson.I lived on the corner of salmon street and Franklin street no:79

Hi running man,can't pm you till I've put five posts on but will do as soon as. Living in the West Midlands now(Dudley) so any pics or info from anyone would be great.was born in 1947 and went to Sharow Lane school about 51/52

Hi deeda. The only photo of any significance I can send you is the cast of a pantomine at Sharrow Lane, Christmas 53 or 54

Edited by Runningman
Missed information

looking to hear from oscar215,i believe we grew up on the same street.if hes still using the forum I would like to hear from him.Picking through the threads it sounds as though the old school (sharrow lane) is now something other than a school.Idont get back to Sheffield much now but would like to hear from anyone who lived on franklin street or attended Sharrow lane 1952 onwards.

Hello.. 'deeda'... and welcome'..You have mentioned there..just about every pal' I ever knew as a young un' on Franklin street...and all within an arms length of our house..... so it is 'inevitable'.... that I must know you ... and probably quite well too... I can only add the names 'Derrick White'...and 'Stewart Bownes'.. (rhymes with 'Hounds') ...to your list. You are ''smack on'' and have great recall with your knowledge ! .... but my Mother was the licensee of the shop .. my dad 'did' have the 'Enfield' and I ran the Reliant 3 wheeler until the Cortina'.. /.. If you make some further posts ... we can message... All the best from........ David G Johnson.

---------- Post added 09-11-2015 at 22:58 ----------

Deeda !! ..... I returned to the Forum.. to take another read through.....

So ..... if you lived at No. ''79''.... ( I didn't notice that earlier )... ''now I know who you are''...... I'll keep in touch...Cheers from Dj.

Edited by oscar2157
added text

Hi David ,i guessed you would know me, seems all the other guys who lived on franklin street are scattered to the four winds, sister Vicky still lives in Sheffield (woodseats). Stans wife is still with us but we lost Stan ,Norman and Betty a few years ago. I moved to Dudley 45 Years ago and started my own business, retired well semi a couple of years ago. I don't get back all that often these days but when I do it never seems to amaze me the way things have changed not for the better most times. Whats happened to sharrow lane school? I seem to remember a school reunion being arranged a few years ago but I was working overseas ,looking back it seems I spent more time in other peoples countries than I did my own LOL. any way good to know someone is trying to keep franklin street alive. Yes keep in touch they were hard but happy days.:

cheers mate ,this is my 5th post so should be able to pm my e mail to you.regards d.w.

---------- Post added 13-11-2015 at 21:46 ----------

Just had a laugh someone mentioned mick crich was a good lad just got in with the wrong crowd.haha he was a bully and a crook the sheffiel police threw a party when his wife killed him i knew him as good as most.he was a big mate of pongo hurst..who i knew very well.

cheers mate ,this is my 5th post so should be able to pm my e mail to you.regards d.w.

---------- Post added 13-11-2015 at 21:46 ----------

Just had a laugh someone mentioned mick crich was a good lad just got in with the wrong crowd.haha he was a bully and a crook the sheffiel police threw a party when his wife killed him i knew him as good as most.he was a big mate of pongo hurst..who i knew very well.

Ayup !! deeda... it sounds like you knew some dubious characters !!... :-)