Franklin Street

ngineer

Hello Bethany1 - I think your cousin Myra must have been the Myra Froggatt who married a Michael Shaw in Sheffield in 1942. There is an entry in the deaths index for a Myra Shaw, born 23 November 1919, who died in Sheffield in Jul-Sep 1991.

Hello again Bethany1 - I'm only too glad to be able to find information (with a little help from Daven!) Yes, it is sad to discover relatives that we never knew. Finding Myra's descendants - if any - might be tricky. There were three Shaw/Froggatt marriages in Sheffield between 1936 and 1942, and six Shaw children born between 1942 and 1954 in Sheffield, with the mother's maiden name given as Froggatt! :)

Hi sweetdexter - I also wondered about this, and I had a quick look at family records but there doesn't seem to be a connection. Redfern Froggatt's great-grandfather William Froggatt was an Owlerton baker, while George's ancestors seem to have been razor grinders living at Stannington. All the same there could be a distant family link.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for an old colleague of mine Liz Froggatt. I know she was from STocksbridge/Oughtibridge area she was niece of Redfern Froggatt. Can anyone help find her for me please I have been looking for months and tried everything I know. She would be 56 now and born in 1960. Rumour had it she married someone from the RAF in the early 80's. Any help is great. Thanks

• 11 months later...

Hi all

just came across this site and this thread, I lived on Franklin St in the 50s & 60s at the bottom end near Horace the barber, I was born in 1948 so would have been going to Sharrow Lane juniors in the early 50s. I then went on to Newfield Secondary and it seems we all split up. When they demolished the street we went to live on the Norfolk Park flats. I remember most of the names that DEEDA mentioned in the above post. I remember all the good times I had growing up there, yeah, the cobbles and the melting tar, brilliant times. I still live near the area, I moved to the bottom end of Ecclesall Road, the Cemetery was just behind me, now I'm a little further up just above Banner Cross.

Hope we can get this thread going again guys..............:)