London Bus Drivers To Strike During Olympics. What lovely folks.

I also have an NVQ in security, a diploma in bookeeping and a signed edition of The Worlds Great Cities by Lord Norwich, please do not undersell me.

A bouncer who can count and read, and do the books, that has to be a first.

Well done my musclebound friend,:thumbsup:

You may find that you need a PSV licence to do that, sorry this is 2012, not 1912.

And if Eastbank is as I remember it, they would not be able to drive a few feet before smashing the vehicle up, and running off. :hihi:

how many psv drivers have time on their hands....recruit them for the period...must be loads not working in the country....i could take a bus load down...for a price...:hihi:

It seems you are the one with the dodgy spec`s …………. Why not take more objective look back.

PS

I was very much there.

And lets not forget the 80`s while we are wearing those dodgy spec`s

I dont know what it was like in Sheffo but I moved to the south-east in the mid 1950s.

Lots of wonderful memories of crowded dark railway platforms packed with cold shivering passengers because the bleddy railways were out on strike again.

Then it was the coal miners, the London Tube and buses.

Unlike the American unions they refused to agree to a fixed term contract after reaching a pay and benefits agreement which in effect gave them free rein to carry out wildcat strikes at any time without fear of penalties or lawsuits.

I recall one occasion when the tube train I was on was abandoned at Aldgate station. Along comes the driver, strutting like a little Mussolini.

"Everybody off, everybody off" he yells. Somebody asked him what was going on. "On strike" he replies

There were plenty of Bolshie besterds like him around back then.

By the time Edward Heath became PM the country was on it's uppers. I came over for a visit on Christmas 1973. The miners were on strike, power stations low on coal and electric train services affected. People were working by candllight in offices or shivering at home in badly heated houses .

Poor old Ted. He tried to take on the miners and they made a pig's ass of him.

Maggie however had the balls !!

An absolute tragedy, thats what happens when unions are left unchallenged.

I'm not rabidly anti-union by any means. What the problem with the British unions was that the Reds got control of them from the top all the way down to the shop stewards.

Many union members had an apathetic approach to attending union meetings back then but the Reds always told their fellow Reds to be sure to attend the meetings especially when it was time to elect officials.

The union agendas wern't just about improving the lot of their members. It was about disrupting the economy and playing politicial games in the interests of Moscow

A lot of you people seem to very anti the working man having a bit more.

Why is this?

We pay the bankers millions in bonuses, when they openly threaten the country.

They demand massive ammounts, and say if they dont get them they will clear off abroad.

And they are given them.

There is nothing special about a banker at all, go into any bookies on an afternoon and you will find men willing to take risks with money.

These bankers are no different to them, except they do it with our money, and in vast ammounts.

At least the people in Ladbrokes use their own money.

I'm not rabidly anti-union by any means. What the problem with the British unions was that the Reds got control of them from the top all the way down to the shop stewards.

Many union members had an apathetic approach to attending union meetings back then but the Reds always told their fellow Reds to be sure to attend the meetings especially when it was time to elect officials.

The union agendas wern't just about improving the lot of their members. It was about disrupting the economy and playing politicial games in the interests of Moscow

This seems absolutley extraordinary.

Archived