London Bus Drivers To Strike During Olympics. What lovely folks.

A measley £250 a week bonus on top of their already healthy London weighted wages for doing nothing more than the job that they are already being paid to do. It's no wonder this country has run up so much debt. Folks expect to be handed money for doing nothing.

So they shouldn't get any of the extra profit which will be generated by the olympics? The shareholders and the directors should take it all in the form of dividends and bonuses?

A measley £250 a week bonus on top of their already healthy London weighted wages for doing nothing more than the job that they are already being paid to do. It's no wonder this country has run up so much debt. Folks expect to be handed money for doing nothing.

Incidentally a London bus driver is paid around £14.50/hr for standard hours. Around £15.50 for work after 9 pm, and generous overtime beyond the standard 38 hour week.

Boo Hoo! Stop crying and move to London if you don't like it.

Wages are higher in London because everything else costs more. It's all relative.

Asking for a bonus would not be obscene. Trying to blackmail an organisation for whom they do not work, into paying them money, is a criminal offence.

I am fairly sure the RMT lawyers have looked at anything which might cause hundreds of their members to commit a criminal offence in the name of their union and decided that there is no problem with what they are asking, and the way they are asking for it.

It's not really blackmail though is it? Your choice to go...

What about VISA shutting down all other cash machines? People still live in London who haven't got tickets for the Olympics, you know.

What about VISA shutting down all other cash machines? People still live in London who haven't got tickets for the Olympics, you know.

Isn't it just the machines at the venues? Aren't there thousands of others in London?

...........All of them.

You want a hotel in London during the Olympics, you pay an increased price.

You want a beer in London during the Olympics, pay extra.

You want food in London during the Olympics, pay extra.

You get the idea?

Everyone is increasing their prices during the Olympics, and why not? Business is business!

I think it's a great move by the unions. They've picked a perfect time to ask for a bonus.

..... Is the correct answer :thumbsup:

Isn't it just the machines at the venues? Aren't there thousands of others in London?

So you think London citizens aren't going to be affected by the games in any way, shape or form? Get real!

One of my old school mates has a house in London. During the games, he and his wife are moving back to his parents and renting his house out for 2 weeks. I'll not tell you how much for, but it's enough for a very nice family holiday.

Everyone is getting in on the act and making as much cash as possible. The bus drivers are only trying to do the same.

You said companies wern't blackmailing people. I'd say raising prices on essential items/services that you can't get anywhere else, is kinda blackmail.

What essential items are unavailable anywhere else than at the venues? Londoners will be the ones to benefit most from the regeneration of the East End paid for by the rest of us...

Archived