London Bus Drivers To Strike During Olympics. What lovely folks.

Instead of slagging off unions, try slagging off the parasites sponsoring the games, like Visa, who have insisted all other ATM's in areas of games are turned off during games & theirs installed. Plus the only way to pay inside is by Visa or C/C that's exploitation of the masses.

Its about time folk realised that striking is the LAST resort that they want, but if management don't listen then they are ENTITLED to strike.

All the union bashers ought to remember that without them you'd have no holidays or anything, rights in the workplace or anything, get real people. What gets me is as soon as there is trouble for someone at work, where is the 1st place they go UNION, you can't have it all.

Instead of slagging off unions, try slagging off the parasites sponsoring the games, like Visa, who have insisted all other ATM's in areas of games are turned off during games & theirs installed. Plus the only way to pay inside is by Visa or C/C that's exploitation of the masses.

Its about time folk realised that striking is the LAST resort that they want, but if management don't listen then they are ENTITLED to strike.

All the union bashers ought to remember that without them you'd have no holidays or anything, rights in the workplace or anything, get real people. What gets me is as soon as there is trouble for someone at work, where is the 1st place they go UNION, you can't have it all.

Ah yes that lovely Derek Robinson at British Leyland always had the best interest of the country at heart. I think about him everytime I go on holiday and thank the lord I don't have to drive any car that his bunch of lazy layabouts built.

Ah yes that lovely Derek Robinson at British Leyland always had the best interest of the country at heart. I think about him everytime I go on holiday and thank the lord I don't have to drive any car that his bunch of lazy layabouts built.

Yes, and as I say, you're only going on bloody holiday because the unions & people fought for them. I never named any individuals or did mud slinging, as I say people quick to slag unions, but happy to take what they won for them.

You really don't think management give people the holidays out of the goodness of their hearts, hold on there's a pixie @ bottom of my garden.

Here we go again...........cue the "i don't get a bonus" posts. Grow up!

Maybe you should go on strike to get your voice heard instead of crying into your keyboard while posting on Sheffield Forum.

Yes, and as I say, you're only going on bloody holiday because the unions & people fought for them. I never named any individuals or did mud slinging, as I say people quick to slag unions, but happy to take what they won for them.

You really don't think management give people the holidays out of the goodness of their hearts, hold on there's a pixie @ bottom of my garden.

To be honest I think you are living in the 19th century. The unions were probably necessary then. Nowadays they are a hinderance to progress. Holidays are not won by unions but by companies falling into line with one another in order to keep their workforce. The better paid jobs seem to manage perfectly well without a Scargill or a Robinson and I've never heard them complain of a lack of holiday because they couldn't shut down London Transport.

There's no shortage of Bus drivers in this country. If the current ones don't want to work, fire them and bring in people who have a work ethic.

They haven't said they don't want to work

To be honest I think you are living in the 19th century. The unions were probably necessary then. Nowadays they are a hinderance to progress. Holidays are not won by unions but by companies falling into line with one another in order to keep their workforce. The better paid jobs seem to manage perfectly well without a Scargill or a Robinson and I've never heard them complain of a lack of holiday because they couldn't shut down London Transport.

Yes, that progress is yanking the UK back to the Stoneage with workhouses, 6 day working week with no paid holidays and employed at £1 per hour as some people on these forums want.

Last resort? Come on, even you don't believe that in this case. This is just bloody minded opportunism to blackmail the country for a few weeks for a quick buck. The unions have no social conscience, no morals and no sense.

They are always the first to play the moral high ground card and claim credit for things they haven't done but they can spot a blackmailing opportunity in almost anything. I hope they go on strike. I hope the travelling public treat them with the contempt they deserve. Afterwards I bet they'll be the first to complain they aren't being respected by the public for the their hard work and dedication. It will be the usual well rehearsed script. In the long run I hope their union goes the way of all unions.

:thumbsup:

Archived