Where do you keep your wheelie bin?

some years ago we lived on viking lea and had our car windows put through loads and one night we heard someone faffing with our front door hubby looked out of the bedroom window and shouted oi what do you think your doing. the lad just looked up shrugged and walked off really casual even closing the gate :o you just cant beleive the cheek of some of them can you.

Damn! No remorse these days, the nerve of some!

I used to take our bins out and fetch them back and if I forgot to take them out you would not get them emptied so I just leave them out on the front so the bin men just empty them and shove them back, its easer than carting them up and down the path every week, if they get vandalised I don't better than having the stinking things in my back yard and now they are going to be emptied every fortnight they can stop there, one thing that really annoyed me once was when they turned up to empty that blue bin thing with the bottles and cans in it the next doors bin was shoved in front of mine and pushed my bin back on to our drive they just looked at it and walked off it was about a foot on to our drive and they just left it they did not even look inside to see it was full of cans and bottles.

Believe it or not - people do steal wheelie bins.

A neighbour of mine has previously.

As you can see above, poppins, some other people have too.

And no, this is not a 'joke' thread.

I have decided i will put mine out beside my house, but attach them to the wall with a bracket and put a bolt through the bin lids to lock them.

Solves all problems - no stealing, no vandalizing and no arson, but more room in my garden and no unsightly bins!

Archived