Would you pay 40p/hr to park a car in Graves Park?

Would you pay £1.20 to park for 3 hours in Graves/Millhouses Park  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay £1.20 to park for 3 hours in Graves/Millhouses Park

• Yes I'll cough up.
    • No I'll just park my car elsewhere and walk an extra 50 yards.

I've just read that parking chares will apply in a number of our parks. If you want to park your car in the car park by the Rare Breeds Centre in Graves Park it will cost 40p/hr to park it there. Park for 3 hours and it'll cost you £1.20

I wonder how many will pay this and how many will simply park in their cars in surrounding streets and leave the car parks empty.

The idea of paying to park at Millhouses Park sounds rather silly. There is parking 20 yards away. If I'm going to the park for excercise I might as well walk the extra distance and buy a Big Mac on the way home.

I've just read that parking chares will apply in a number of our parks. If you want to park your car in the car park by the Rare Breeds Centre it will cost 40p/hr to park it there. Park fr 3 hours and it'll cost you £1.20

I wonder how many will pay this and how many will simply park in their cars in surrounding streets and leave the car parks empty.

Terrible idea. Expect visitor numbers to plummet. Maybe that's what they want.

Last time I was their it was full of teenage families in white track suits with staffies roaming round. :)

So the last free place that families can take young children to get some exercise in a relatively safe environment is now going to be charged. It's too far for me to walk with my children to any of our parks but I often take them in the car. As petrol prices rocket it's costly enough to get them there. I presume it'll be a nice excuse for rolling out costly and ineffective permit schemes to anyone living near a park - at least I won't have to put up with that.

Aren't Sheffield Council great, eh? They refused to take part in the free swimming for all scheme, and now they're charging people to use the park. Great move for a healthy population.

Haha. All these people clicking yes, when it comes to it I wonder where they'll be...on the side roads 10 meters from the gate like everybody else.

Not going to please the residents that's for sure.

Another genius scheme by the council.

Maybe it is genius, maybe they'll end up making the side roads permit parking, haha. £££££££££££.

Councils pretty clever at making money init?

WHAAAAT!!! Well that's flipping great !!! I live next to Graves Park and it's a nightmare already trying to drive down Bunting Nook when the kids are off school or the weather is good . Flip knows what it's going to be like if they bring in parking charges !! Anyhow, doesn't the park belong to the people of Sheffield and not the council. Can they impose charges ?

I go quite often and most of the time you can't get in the car park anyway and it can be quite hard to find a space down one of streets they can be choca. Theres not enough spaces to park in graves park. I'd pay if it was bigger and I knew I could definetly get parked when I went.

I'd say this is reasonable.

I visit Graves Park only occasionally. I wouldn't mind these reasonable parking charges.

However, as we generally see with our council, they only remain reasonable for so long before being increased massively away from inflation.

Also, as others have commented, I believe they will then bring in parking permits for the surrounding areas.

I would and I suspect that the council have already considered the issue of people using the side-streets around it. Expect parking permits to begin aswell, at the cost of the residents of course.

Archived