Would you pay 40p/hr to park a car in Graves Park?

Would you pay £1.20 to park for 3 hours in Graves/Millhouses Park  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay £1.20 to park for 3 hours in Graves/Millhouses Park

• Yes I'll cough up.
    • No I'll just park my car elsewhere and walk an extra 50 yards.

WHAAAAT!!! Well that's flipping great !!! I live next to Graves Park and it's a nightmare already trying to drive down Bunting Nook when the kids are off school or the weather is good . Flip knows what it's going to be like if they bring in parking charges !! Anyhow, doesn't the park belong to the people of Sheffield and not the council. Can they impose charges ?

Yeah they can. The same way that we "own the streets" but still have to feed parking meters. The same way that we "own" ponds forge and hillsborough but still have to pay to go swimming there.

Car parking in a luxury not an essential and as someone else has said 40p is hardly breaking the bank. - walk to the parks, use public transport.

Haha. All these people clicking yes, when it comes to it I wonder where they'll be...on the side roads 10 meters from the gate like everybody else.

Not going to please the residents that's for sure.

Another genius scheme by the council.

Maybe it is genius, maybe they'll end up making the side roads permit parking, haha. £££££££££££.

Councils pretty clever at making money init?

nope ill be in the carpark, im far to lazy to walk for the sake of it and park out on the street. ill gladly fork out 40p :P

4r0p an hour,hardly gunna bankrupt anybody is it.

40 p an hour. £1.20 for more than 2 hours. We usually go for more than 2 hours, so £1.20 a go. (Until they put it up again that is.) The people who this will affect are the people who cannot walk to the park, and thus the unfit will get unfitter. Those who are already struggling to make ends meet will now not always be able to go but for those who a couple of quid here and there is of no consequence, they'll be fine. Nice one Sheffield Council.

Why is this in General Discussions when the title clearly mentions Graves Park?

Archived