The future is very bright for the chosen few.

Yes , the older generation is living longer, they've not known obesity generally thanks to rationing , and natural exercise such as walking . Houses didn't have central heating , so human immune systems were more robust .

Most of the "older generation" for example my parents - haven't had rationing for nigh on 60 years and have had central heating for the best part of 50.

It always is.

Bright for the chosen few? Yes, indeed, it always is.

The difference between society nowadays and societies of the past, is that the future is also bright for almost all of the rest of us. Even the very poor have labour-saving devices that not even the moderately rich could afford a century ago.

Bright for the chosen few? Yes, indeed, it always is.

The difference between society nowadays and societies of the past, is that the future is also bright for almost all of the rest of us. Even the very poor have labour-saving devices that not even the moderately rich could afford a century ago.

The unemployed are unlikely to experience paroxysms of joy every time they pick up their electric can openers though.

The unemployed are unlikely to experience paroxysms of joy every time they pick up their electric can openers though.

Still, at least they can trundle down to Jobcentre and come back with 140£ every fortnight instead of picking through a rubbish dump every day for food to survive. 140£ pays for a lot of kitchen gadgets on qvc I'm sure.

AND.... Their council collected bins have wheels on them, saving labour every time they're put out. Now if that's not enough to cheer up the jobless, I don't know what is. :)

Lifestyles for all have improved massively but the gap is ever widening between rich and poor.

Lifestyles for all have improved massively but the gap is ever widening between rich and poor.

That seems to be axiomatic, if somewhat depressing. In societies where the gap is forcibly kept narrow, it doesn't mean that poor people get richer; it means that everybody ends up in grinding poverty.

As for me; I'd rather have £15 thousand a year and know someone else gets £15 million, than only have £15 a year and everyone else be just as badly off.

If "the game were to pauperise most of the people," I'd be in with most of the people, as paupers.

But since business depends on selling things, and paupers can't afford to buy anything, all the rich people who own businesses would also be paupers. Everyone would suffer. There are no benefits to anybody.

Sorry, but in a world of dwindling resources, where the Capitalist model is bust, there are huge advantages for some people with this agenda.

We are now in a very different world to 2007 when the crisis began (or should I say, came to popular attention,) but what's been done about it? who has been held accountable?

We have instead been drip fed a media diet propaganda and of lowering expectations across the board; less money, less jobs, less pensions, less food, etc. etc etc. And all without even a reasonable, understandable explaination, until now hardly anybody even questions it let, alone objects.

The same thing has happened with 'terrorist attacks,' and 'The war on terror.' We have been duped into giving up our freedoms and accepting ever more intrusive surveilance by escalating scaremongering tactics.

It's scandalous! But we have been mesmerised into accepting it as the new 'normal.' If they can pull that off, they can do anything...

What next? Euthanasia by the back door? How it's kinder to kill people off than let them suffer? How it will mean more money can be spent on the rest of us? Listen out for it. In a world that is only measured in terms of cash outlay, don't be surprised.

Take care, they might be coming for you next.

Archived