Car garage and warranty?

Just had an auto electrician diagnose my car with a cyclinder failure which means i require a new coil pack and plugs......problem is Ive just realised that my local garage (Hi Q) charged me for a coil pack, leads and plugs back in april 2011 at what i now know to be an extorniate price of £170:|

Anyway im having to buy the coil pack and plugs again, but was wondering if i have a good case against the garage whos parts have lasted me less then a year ( car has been having problems past few month on and off) and if there is any point me going back and complaining to them?

As my auto electrician mate pointed out he doesnt believe that the leads were brand new and says they look as old as the car (2001) and that a coil pack should last a lot longer then it has done.

any help appreciated thanks

I don't think you will get much joy if you go back.

The plugs could do with changing after a year anyway.

As for the leads, they should last longer really? but will be out of warranty. The coil pack

will have a serial number on it which can be traced, I assume you are thinking they may have charged but not replaced the parts with new? That would be hard to prove.

My advice is put it down to experience and use a different garage next time, personal recommendations are the best.

yes my mate is not convinced they are new leads, tbh the car has been playing up for about the past 4 months its only the past few weeks that the engine management light has started coming on.

Ive only used them as they are close and have always seemed to be really genuine and helpful and at the time it appeared to be a good price for something that they regarded as a big job to sort out:rolleyes:

Ive used them several times but am questioning there competence due to the fact that i had my back breaks collapse and had to have new bearings, brake disks and pads, and that was about 10 months ago and ive been told that i require both again as they look very worn.....so is it that they are using chea parts yet charging me thru the nose and do i also mention these when i go down tomoz?

cheers

It is possible to wear pads out in 10 months if you do a lot of miles or, are very hard on the pedal.... but discs would not wear out in that time, discs should certainly last a lot longer that pads, in fact two, three or more sets of pads. Sounds like something is not right? Rear pads and discs last longer than front ones too.

HiQ on Leppings Lane are one of the decent garages and no I don't have any conections with them but i will state that they are not cowboys.Take the car back and see Steve or Brian.

So charging for parts and not fitting it are not cowboys? i wouldnt let those con merchants go anywhere near my car

So charging for parts and not fitting it are not cowboys? i would let those con merchants go anywhere near my car
Unless you can prove this then you have made a statement which is libelous.Has an independent engineers report been obtained.I doubt it,this is pure conjecture you have only the posters opinion on this matter.I have dealt with this company both in a professional capacity and privately and always found them reliable,OK so they may not get it right all the time but do you in your job and then who criticises you or don't you make mistakes.

Archived