Car garage and warranty?

Unless you can prove this then you have made a statement which is libelous.Has an independent engineers report been obtained.I doubt it,this is pure conjecture you have only the posters opinion on this matter.I have dealt with this company both in a professional capacity and privately and always found them reliable,OK so they may not get it right all the time but do you in your job and then who criticises you or don't you make mistakes.

Do you really think the poster made everything up?

or can Hi Q make something suppose to be brand new look 10 years old????

Just admit it you work/own the place

So charging for parts and not fitting it are not cowboys? i wouldnt let those con merchants go anywhere near my car

Where are you getting this from? The OP hasn't caimed this

What are you talking about? I don't think the OP made this up, you did!

EDIT: The OP has said that his/her mate has concerns about the age of the parts, whereas you're making an outright accusation.

It is possible to wear pads out in 10 months if you do a lot of miles or, are very hard on the pedal.... but discs would not wear out in that time, discs should certainly last a lot longer that pads, in fact two, three or more sets of pads. Sounds like something is not right? Rear pads and discs last longer than front ones too.

REAR discs and pads should last even longer, as most of the braking effort is applied by the front brakes.

REAR discs and pads should last even longer, as most of the braking effort is applied by the front brakes.
Well said,it is not in their interests to fit secondhand parts when new ones are cheap enough and are delivered to the door,I can hardly imagine them scrounging round scrapyards these days.Whatever the other posters say I stand by my words that Hi Q are a reputable outfit and that the complaints have to be proved.

Just had an auto electrician diagnose my car with a cyclinder failure which means i require a new coil pack and plugs......problem is Ive just realised that my local garage (Hi Q) charged me for a coil pack, leads and plugs back in april 2011 at what i now know to be an extorniate price of £170:|

Anyway im having to buy the coil pack and plugs again, but was wondering if i have a good case against the garage whos parts have lasted me less then a year ( car has been having problems past few month on and off) and if there is any point me going back and complaining to them?

As my auto electrician mate pointed out he doesnt believe that the leads were brand new and says they look as old as the car (2001) and that a coil pack should last a lot longer then it has done.

any help appreciated thanks

Why did you not take the car back to Hi Q the parts have a manufacturers warranty for 12 months.If anyone else has interfered with the repairs HiQ carried out then obviously any warranty on labour is null and void.

Just admit it you work/own the place

No! I do not work there are own the place but I did run my own car repair business for 26yrs and have been in the motor trade 50yrs,long enough to know the good guys from the baddies,what are your qualifications to make rash statements and who said the parts were ten years old,has this been varified or is it an assumption on your part.

No! I do not work there are own the place but I did run my own car repair business for 26yrs and have been in the motor trade 50yrs,long enough to know the good guys from the baddies,what are your qualifications to make rash statements and who said the parts were ten years old,has this been varified or is it an assumption on your part.

I have common sense and note what other people said,

As my auto electrician mate pointed out he doesnt believe that the leads were brand new and says they look as old as the car (2001) and that a coil pack should last a lot longer then it has done.

Why did you not take the car back to Hi Q the parts have a manufacturers warranty for 12 months.If anyone else has interfered with the repairs HiQ carried out then obviously any warranty on labour is null and void.

If you read instead of defending your mates/family business, the invoice was april 2011

Where are you getting this from? The OP hasn't caimed this

What are you talking about? I don't think the OP made this up, you did!

EDIT: The OP has said that his/her mate has concerns about the age of the parts, whereas you're making an outright accusation.

you dont need to be that bright to work out if the part is one year old or ten years old

Archived