Car garage and warranty?

You are Soooo wrong I sold my business eight years ago and I am now enjoying my hard earned retirement .My garage was one of the more respected establishments which never had to advertise for work it was by recommendation as a good HONEST business which did a good job at a fair price,I am an old skool motor engineer not a parts fitter but come to think of it why should I have to justify myself to you I most likely would not have employed you anyhow.

This thread is about HIQ charging for part and by looks of things hasnt fit it. all we get is owners/family etc on here trying to defend the place, Telling everyone how great the place is, and curse anyone who thinks otherwise,

if i wanted a mechcanic i would go to someone who fixes cars day in and day out not some kid who fit tyres/exhaust for a living. would you trust a kid with little/no training to work on your brakes or any mechcanical /electrical work?

• 2 weeks later...

It was the HI Q on chesterfield road. I took the car back and he seemed very shifty didn't looke in the eye and didn't really no what to say. Anyway teu kept my car for the day and run tests on it, took it for several test drives and came to the conclusion that there was no fault. They took apart all te filters and stuff and also found no fault. Drive the car home as it seemed fine for about 3 days then guess what it started doing it again!! Also asked if they thought my brakes were a lil worn and he claimed not. So back to square one there computer shows no fault but my auto electrician mates computer shows a cylinder failure hmmm

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to the OP for clearing that up! I did think it would be the Chesterfield Road branch, Sadly its gone down the pan a bit up there and its currently closed so i have been told!

I actually work at what used to be the Hillsborough HIQ which has now been Re-branded and can assure you we care very much about customer satisfaction. Repeat business is something we depend alot on at our store and looking after our customers is what brings them back year after year...infact 20 years for some!

Although i knew from the outset this thread was not aimed at our store i must stress that threads like this can be very damaging to a business especially if not all the details are brought forward in the first post!

What happens or has happened in other HIQ centres sadly i cant do anything about, All the HIQ centres are now franchised and are no longer nationally owned by Goodyear. Confusing as it may seem but there are about 3-4 HIQ branded sites around Sheffield that have no connection with each other whatsoever but have to keep the HIQ branding up as part of the franchise agreement.

I hope you get to the bottom of the problem with your vehicle.

Regards

So what you are saying is , any muffin can pay a few ££ then use HiQ branding! Told you never go near a franchise or national own company as the staff have targets to meet and little or no training , think McDonalds/ Halfords etc etc

Also HiQ is like kwikfit 90% is tyres and exhaurst and staff are hire because they don't mind working for minimum wage not because they are experience mechcanics

It was the HI Q on chesterfield road. I took the car back and he seemed very shifty didn't looke in the eye and didn't really no what to say. Anyway teu kept my car for the day and run tests on it, took it for several test drives and came to the conclusion that there was no fault. They took apart all te filters and stuff and also found no fault. Drive the car home as it seemed fine for about 3 days then guess what it started doing it again!! Also asked if they thought my brakes were a lil worn and he claimed not. So back to square one there computer shows no fault but my auto electrician mates computer shows a cylinder failure hmmm

Just shows how's clueless HiQ on chesterfield road really is. Anyone else going to carry on defending those cowboys

So what you are saying is , any muffin can pay a few ££ then use HiQ branding! Told you never go near a franchise or national own company as the staff have targets to meet and little or no training , think McDonalds/ Halfords etc etc

Also HiQ is like kwikfit 90% is tyres and exhaurst and staff are hire because they don't mind working for minimum wage not because they are experience mechcanics

No im not saying that, Im saying that all the original HIQ centres where sold off about 4 years ago but that whoever owns them nowadays still has to have the HIQ branding and has to trade as a HIQ centre until the end of the agreement. The brand was relaunched when all the stores where franchsied and sold off into groups circa 2008 thats why all the ITV4 branding happened around this time with the BTCC etc.

Alot of the HIQ's are actually now owned by smaller independent companies, Ours is now owned by a tyre wholesaler/distributor and no longer trades as a HIQ as its been re-branded but its certainly not a large nationally owned chain! As for experienced mechanics i can confirm that i have three city and guilds and ATA accredited trained MOT tester mechanics two with over 20 years experience and another with over 10 years, The first two have worked at our garage since 1992 and our tyre technician has also worked for us for 20 years.

I cant comment on other fast fit centres it would be unprofessional and since this thread is not aimed at my garage ive no need to defend anyone, You have your own opinions about them your entitled to them but don't tar everyone with the same brush! If you have come into my garage and had bad service and i did nothing to help you out then fair enough, If you have never been and dealt with us you have no right to comment about us.

If our work is good enough for the Yorkshire Ambulance Service and South Yorkshire Police then we must be doing something right!

Kind regards :)

Archived