The rich are getting richer

Wonder on Stanley. I love it that you are so endlessly fascinated.

Dont you think scouring the forum for my out takes so you can quote them out of context is just a bit weird?

PS are you off to the caravan soon? Sceggie is so nice this time of year.

I wouldn’t worry about Stan Tamudo, he’s notorious for this. Most of his posts seem to be him desperately trying to work out whether other forum users may have had different user names in the past.

Sat in a lonely bedsit going through people's posts on this forum to see if they might have a vaguely similar posting style to someone else seems a pretty odd way of spending your leisure time, but each to their own. Maybe one day he’ll achieve his dream of becoming a site moderator?

That wasn't his statement though. xenia said:

Hard work and wise choices aren't the only routes to wealth, and sometimes hard work and wise choices don't have the outcome of wealth.

It's an ambiguous statement, for what exactly is "hard work" and "wise investment" anyway. It's an easy stock answer to very large questions.

Ambiguous or not, it is far from being a wrong statement, he didn't write "all rich people......."

Ambiguous or not, it is far from being a wrong statement, he didn't write "all rich people......."

No he/she didn't. However it is quite clearly implied that she meant at least 'most', especially if you look at the context, ie. the posts around it and the one he/she was responding to.

What degree did you work through in the 70's? You're not shy when it comes to telling us you were a miner and a steel worker and you invested all your redundency money in apple so you can live happily and pay for your cruise ship holidays via your part time security guard job. Come on xenia tell us what you got your degree in?

BA Honours English and History.

Troll on.

No, You're wrong. There are plenty of people with inherited wealth who've never done a day's work in their life. There are also a lot of people who are no better than criminals who've made vast sums of money by stretching the 'rules' to make sure they prospered at other people's expense. They're called bankers, and in the USA many of them are now in prison.

There are also millions of people who've worked hard all their lives, who, through circumstances not of their making, have ended up with very little.

Then there are the vast majority have worked hard, paid there taxes, saved what they could, but probablyy never had enough security to gamble what little they had on the stock market. These are the people who are looking at rubbish pensions,(thanks to the bankers,) poor interest rates,(thanks to the bankers,) and a government who wants to take every last penny they have to look after them when they are old and ill and need help. No passing their wealth on to their children...

There are equally many people who have inheried wealth who have used that wealth sensibly created employment, improved and expanded the property and the wealth they inherited.

If people are criminals they belong in prison. It is particualrly important that people who are fraudsters such as Bernie Madoff are sentenced to severe punishment.

Those who have worked hard, paid, taxes saved and invested in the stock market must have read the bit on the bottom of the paperwork were it says "STOCKS CAN GO DOWN AS WELL AS UP" That is the market, that is the chance you take.

I absolutely agree that governments will try to skin you, that is why you need a good tricky accountant.

No, You're wrong. There are plenty of people with inherited wealth who've never done a day's work in their life. There are also a lot of people who are no better than criminals who've made vast sums of money by stretching the 'rules' to make sure they prospered at other people's expense. They're called bankers, and in the USA many of them are now in prison.

There are also millions of people who've worked hard all their lives, who, through circumstances not of their making, have ended up with very little.

Then there are the vast majority have worked hard, paid there taxes, saved what they could, but probablyy never had enough security to gamble what little they had on the stock market. These are the people who are looking at rubbish pensions,(thanks to the bankers,) poor interest rates,(thanks to the bankers,) and a government who wants to take every last penny they have to look after them when they are old and ill and need help. No passing their wealth on to their children...

Shock news, Anna, life's not fair. :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t worry about Stan Tamudo, he’s notorious for this. Most of his posts seem to be him desperately trying to work out whether other forum users may have had different user names in the past.

Sat in a lonely bedsit going through people's posts on this forum to see if they might have a vaguely similar posting style to someone else seems a pretty odd way of spending your leisure time, but each to their own. Maybe one day he’ll achieve his dream of becoming a site moderator?

I do worry about him actually. I understand he works as a Refuse Collector, an honourable and valuable job. I can only think that, particulalrly in warm weather he must smell a bit and therefore has no friends, other than other Refuse Collectors. I also understand he lost his caravan on the east coast during a cliff collapse and with it his valuable collection of Girls Aloud CDs and his copy of "The Idiots guide to Trolling".

I understand that a Forum member has offered him the use of another caravan at Skegness (as long as he leaves the windows open). I would like to invite other forum users to look intoi their libraries and see if they have a spare "Idiots Guide" or maybe a copy of "Cheryl Cole her life and Times" spare so that he can regain some equilibrium. Please PM me if you have these classics and I will forward to him.

Archived