Disgusting absolutely disgusting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2157160/Betrayal-hero-He-flew-92-missions-rear-gunner-Second-World-War-So-wont-bureauocrats-let-Freddie-Johnson-91-attend-unveiling-memorial-comrades-Bomber-Command.html

What the hell is this all about. This guy fights for this country and can't even go because they have no tickets. I wold be giving my tickets to him if had them. People disgust me sometimes.

What's that then?

jb

Well I suspect there are going to be quite a few people there who don't quite deserve to. I'm also shocked to find that veterans had to even apply.

The Queen MUST be aware of this story, not sure how she can read this and still not do anything about it. This gent fought and died nearly twice for her and her country.

Not just this veteran, all of them should have got front row seats before the tickets were even made.

Well I suspect there are going to be quite a few people there who don't quite deserve to. I'm also shocked to find that veterans had to even apply.

The Queen MUST be aware of this story, not sure how she can read this and still not do anything about it. This gent fought and died nearly twice for her and her country.

Not just this veteran, all of them should have got front row seats before the tickets were even made.

Does anyone keep track of which veterans survived the war to even invite them? There were ~66,000 bomber crew who survived so not an easy task.

The linked article states:

We have a licence limiting us to 6,500 guests which we cannot exceed, and have prioritised two groups – people who lost relatives such as husbands and fathers, and veterans who flew in the planes.

Which of these people do you think do not deserve to go?

jb

This is awful one of the few that is left and he's unable to pay his respects to the thousands that lost their lives fighting beside him just so bloody typical of this country nowadays and don't get me started on that. He survived and that should be his right to a ticket. God bless him. Give him a ticket you selfish ppl he fought for your freedom just you remember that .

This is awful one of the few that is left and he's unable to pay his respects to the thousands that lost their lives fighting beside him just so bloody typical of this country nowadays and don't get me started on that. He survived and that should be his right to a ticket. God bless him. Give him a ticket you selfish ppl he fought for your freedom just you remember that .

Who are these selfish people you are referring to? Do you perchance mean the small team of dedicated charity workers who deal with ticket requests for the Bomber Command Association? The self same people who, according to this thread, should have traced all sixty six thousand surviving Bomber Command personnel, their families and the families of the fifty six thousand who died in order to assign tickets? Or maybe you mean the nameless bureaucrats the Daily Mail would have you believe are behind this?

jb

Archived