Disgusting absolutely disgusting

the whole thing is a joke, the guy has devoted his life to this country, as one of the few remaining war veterans he should be given so lee way. the queen for whatever reasons has carte blanche and does as the public deem her too. however she hasn't fought and lost comrades etc.

This guy should be given the same privileges as any war hero. the event after all is what he served in. one of the last veterans of that era, he should be given a VIP status regardless. No one will make everyone happy with comments etc. but my personal beliefs are that this whole episode is a disgrace.

the whole thing is a joke, the guy has devoted his life to this country, as one of the few remaining war veterans he should be given so lee way. the queen for whatever reasons has carte blanche and does as the public deem her too. however she hasn't fought and lost comrades etc.

This guy should be given the same privileges as any war hero. the event after all is what he served in. one of the last veterans of that era, he should be given a VIP status regardless. No one will make everyone happy with comments etc. but my personal beliefs are that this whole episode is a disgrace.

He got a ticket.

It's clearly not an issue, all it took was 1 day of press, and they were like ''Fiiiiiine have a ticket'' why didn't they just say ''here's a ticket'' lol, perhaps a troll organisation? lol.

Because who knows how many other people are after a ticket. Maybe someone who was going contacted the organisers after seeing the report to offer their ticket to the man?

Yeah, the power of Sheffield Forum (and also, it was on the TV news earlier, that could have helped too). Glad he got a ticket. Makes you wonder how many other vets there are out there, who don't have the press behind them, and so won't get a ticket..

The article says hes a member of the RAF association, and he's clearly a big deal (for want of a better phrase) if an article has been made, plus I know there will be thousands of other veterans that won't be able to go, but I think they could have at least tried to trace some of the heroes for the event, instead of saying ''apply for it'' although why he didn't apply I'm unsure he was part of the whole ordeal.

Personally, I refuse to believe all 6500 guests will be veterans. Whether anyone else does is a different matter.

Priority is being given to veterans and the families of those who died. Remember any veterans wanting to attend will not be going alone, they are after all at least in their late 80s so by and large will need a younger relative to accompany them, especially if they also have a spouse who wants to go.

jb

ETA: And now he is going. It would appear from certain news reports (The Sun) that he had been invited but his family never bothered to confirm his attendance.

Archived