Tesco clubcard deactivation

I asked for my clubcard account to be deleted years ago. I got a "sorry you are leaving" letter from them so they did acknowledge my request. I have recently had a letter from a company thanking me for my recent clubcard rewards purchase:confused:

This letter could have been sent in error but it caused me to try and login to my old account. I was able to retrieve my password so they clearly still have my details-should I be worried?

I emailed them and got a call this freephone number automated response. The woman I spoke to was talking BS (claiming that when I tried to login I created a new account:loopy:) So I gave up on that and have sent another, more formal email.

If it is fraud can they do anything with a clubcard? I am not sure how worried to be? I can't get help on the phoneline without my clubcard number which obviously I do not have.

I wish I had never shopped at that evil place!

Can you not get the clubcard number from the website? - or at least part of it.

I would try sending them a letter by post, asking them to delete your account permanently.

Good luck!

no I need to verify my clubcard by giving my clubcard number before I can get to my account details. I am at one of those "computer says no" brick walls:hihi:

I will write them a "whinging consumer" letter if they ignore this email, its just soooo frustrating when you can't get to a human without creating a new account to prove you are a "valued" customer-when in fact I refuse to buy anything from them. I really want to avoid giving them up to date personal information but its not going to happen!

I am hoping telling them about a fraudulent claim via email will be enough to get them to reply....although we are talking about tescos!

no I need to verify my clubcard by giving my clubcard number before I can get to my account details. I am at one of those "computer says no" brick walls:hihi:

I will write them a "whinging consumer" letter if they ignore this email, its just soooo frustrating when you can't get to a human without creating a new account to prove you are a "valued" customer-when in fact I refuse to buy anything from them. I really want to avoid giving them up to date personal information but its not going to happen!

I am hoping telling them about a fraudulent claim via email will be enough to get them to reply....although we are talking about tescos!

epic fail: same automated response telling me they are getting loads of enquiries so I need to ring them-whats the point in having the email address then:loopy:

Tescos-"******** since 1872"

or something like that!

Whinging consumer letter it is!

Archived