Fifty Shades of Grey - Don't see what all the fuss is about myself

Its become a bit like the Da Vinci Code phenomenon of a few years ago everybody reads it because everybody else seems to be but the book is actually rubbish and will appeal more to non regular readers (who read on holiday) than people who read all the time.

I totally agree. I somehow missed all the hype about this book until a friend recently recommended it and bought it for my birthday. I'm not enjoying it at all but as it was a gift I feel obliged to finish. I find the writing very armature so presumed the author was a youngster and cut her some slack, but now I know she's not I'm much less tolerant. I can't help thinking "I could do better than this" I'm relieved to know that many others share my views on this dross!

I've just been given the George R. R. Martin books (Game of Thrones) and am expecting these to be at the other end of the literary spectrum...see you all some time next year!!

I totally agree. I somehow missed all the hype about this book until a friend recently recommended it and bought it for my birthday. I'm not enjoying it at all but as it was a gift I feel obliged to finish. I find the writing very armature so presumed the author was a youngster and cut her some slack, but now I know she's not I'm much less tolerant. I can't help thinking "I could do better than this" I'm relieved to know that many others share my views on this dross!

I've just been given the George R. R. Martin books (Game of Thrones) and am expecting these to be at the other end of the literary spectrum...see you all some time next year!!

It is very immature writing and whilst the narrator is sexually immature, she's an English literature graduate who wants a career in publishing! At the very least the author should have attempted to make the narrative reflect this, even if the sex scenes (which are not that many) use euphemisms ('down there') and are coy in the extreme.

There's a woman at my gym who said she was going to read it, I saw her a couple of days later and she declared that he hates it. Another triumph of style (marketing and tasteful book cover) over substance!

I flush, I am crimson, I roll my eyes, I didn't know I was biting my lip, I fire up the mean machine, my inner goddess this, my subconscious that, holy cow, holy s hit, this is hot, he touches my sex, I explode, he empties into me, bla bla bla yawn

I flush, I am crimson, I roll my eyes, I didn't know I was biting my lip, I fire up the mean machine, my inner goddess this, my subconscious that, holy cow, holy s hit, this is hot, he touches my sex, I explode, he empties into me, bla bla bla yawn

'Oh my, Christian Grey is kissing me, does that mean that he likes me? Oh my, now he's taking off my clothes and whispering 'hey baby, you don't know what you do to me'. Holy cow, the Christian Grey, multi-billionaire finds me attractive. Holy crap, my inner goddess jumps for joy as he brings to me an earth shattering multiple orgasm by brushing his lips across my inner wrist as I chew my bottom lip. The chewing that he constantly admonishes me about as it drives him wild. Gripping stuff

Would that be in terms of "refreshes the parts ..." or just has no taste ?

Being ironic (naturally) , the former! It is very sanitised. Realistically, the latter. Bland. Given the location, I wonder if it were written for an American audience? It's not in the least bit raunchy in my opinion.

Has anyone read 50 shades of grey yet ? I was wondering what all the hipe was over it

Miss Daisy if I were you I wouldn't go near it, not unless your friends with your gynaecologist, you might break something. KK :hihi:

Archived