Fifty Shades of Grey - Don't see what all the fuss is about myself

I think you haven't read any of it! Read page one of book one, that is all I have read and I can't believe someone paid to get it printed:hihi: That said it was obviously a savvy business idea, I would have laughed her out of my office!

...and then sacked my PA for letting her in, in the first place!

from the reviews it doesn't sound innocuous. It sounds like it is managing both dullness and offensiveness at the same time-which is an impressive feat!

I also doubt there is anyone that dislikes it because it is not filthy enough. I would assume that they think not only is it not that filthy but it is badly written, otherwise they would just enjoy the story.

So you are managing to dislike a book you've only read one page of? Thats an amazing feat. I found Lord Of The Rings unreadable but I at least managed 150 pages but I wouldn't call it crap or worthless or slate it.

Are you sure you actually gave it a fair go? Or are you just being a hipster and jumping on a bandwagon to be with some cool kids?

I think you haven't read any of it! Read page one of book one, that is all I have read and I can't believe someone paid to get it printed:hihi: That said it was obviously a savvy business idea, I would have laughed her out of my office!

...and then sacked my PA for letting her in, in the first place!

from the reviews it doesn't sound innocuous. It sounds like it is managing both dullness and offensiveness at the same time-which is an impressive feat!

I also doubt there is anyone that dislikes it because it is not filthy enough. I would assume that they think not only is it not that filthy but it is badly written, otherwise they would just enjoy the story.

I know that there will plenty out there who will accuse me and the reviewer of taking it all too seriously vis a vis the 'I can change him' mentality. However, it is a very high risk strategy, one more that is most certainly doomed to failure and misery. If so many female readers are using this book as a sex manual it is not beyond the realms of probablity thay some may see it as a relationship guide too. I really hope not.

So you are managing to dislike a book you've only read one page of? Thats an amazing feat. I found Lord Of The Rings unreadable but I at least managed 150 pages but I wouldn't call it crap or worthless or slate it.

Are you sure you actually gave it a fair go? Or are you just being a hipster and jumping on a bandwagon to be with some cool kids?

I am not claiming I gave it much of a go. There was no reason to, page 1 read like it had been written by a 12 year old. Since then I have heard what it is about and read many sentences taken from it and I am very confident I would hate it.

There is nothing wrong with that, I am not being bookist:hihi: I am just deciding what I want to read based on the blurb and the writing style.

I would say that 150 pages of LOTR is very comparable with 1 page of this book.

It is amusing you are getting indignant about it though, are you the writer:o

I am not claiming I gave it much of a go. There was no reason to, page 1 read like it had been written by a 12 year old. Since then I have heard what it is about and read many sentences taken from it and I am very confident I would hate it.

There is nothing wrong with that, I am not being bookist:hihi: I am just deciding what I want to read based on the blurb and the writing style.

I would say that 150 pages of LOTR is very comparable with 1 page of this book.

It is amusing you are getting indignant about it though, are you the writer:o

I'm not getting indignant. I just don't see how you can claim a book is rubbish after one page. Its like claiming a song is rubbish after hearing one note.

I'm not getting indignant. I just don't see how you can claim a book is rubbish after one page. Its like claiming a song is rubbish after hearing one note.

I didn't even read one page - I flicked through it for five minutes and read several paragraphs across probably the first 50 pages - and I can say without any shadow of a doubt that this book is badly-written.

I didn't even read one page - I flicked through it for five minutes and read several paragraphs across probably the first 50 pages - and I can say without any shadow of a doubt that this book is badly-written.

The art of literary criticism lives on !

Most Ladybird books are better written. My texts are better written actually.

Archived