Fifty Shades of Grey - Don't see what all the fuss is about myself

I'm not getting indignant. I just don't see how you can claim a book is rubbish after one page. Its like claiming a song is rubbish after hearing one note.

Assuming the book is written by one author, if page 1 is terribly written there is no reason to suspect page 2 would be well written:huh: You would think page 1 would have more care taken over it if anything!

This is art (well this book doesn't sound like it is but if we are talking generally a novel is art). You can be as discriminatory as you want-it's a good thing to be picky about what you read otherwise you may as well just wander into book shop, close eyes, and buy at random:loopy: I seriously do not understand your point:huh:

Have you read page 1? Its well worth it:hihi:

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies, Well you would say that,wouldn't you.

Much as I disagree with the content of many of suffragettes posts she does write in adult english which from page 1 and the other abstract sentences I have read from this book, this "author" cannot!

My own view is It's a manipulation of women, like twilight. Good marketing.

I think that it appeals to a lot of women's fantasies, without a doubt. Vampires are generally considered to be erotic and the orginal Bram Stoker novel employed the whole myth as a metaphor for sex, which is very apparent in a myriad of films that have used this as a basis.

FSOG appeals to the female fantasies of sexual submission; mega loaded gorgeous man sweeps innocent off her feet; I can change him; relentless pursuit (which I personally consider to be stalking and harassment).

I think that it appeals to a lot of women's fantasies, without a doubt. Vampires are generally considered to be erotic and the orginal Bram Stoker novel employed the whole myth as a metaphor for sex, which is very apparent in a myriad of films that have used this as a basis.

FSOG appeals to the female fantasies of sexual submission; mega loaded gorgeous man sweeps innocent off her feet; I can change him; relentless pursuit (which I personally consider to be stalking and harassment).

Unfortunately for you and the feminist movement, the success of FSOG proves that most women are submissive and do want to be swept off their feet by a rich powerful man.

Unfortunately for you and the feminist movement, the success of FSOG proves that most women are submissive and do want to be swept off their feet by a rich powerful man.

Yep, just like the success of Harry Potter proves that all children want to be the orphaned child of murdered parents!

Archived