Fifty Shades of Grey - Don't see what all the fuss is about myself

I read all the time, and Im reading them (just started second one) theyre not brilliant, but I enjoyed it. Sometimes its nice to read something thats not really serious. The last book I read was A Picture of Dorian Grey.

sex sells

could it purely be down to people shocked and unused to lots of sex / erotica in mainstream books? so word of mouth promotion has gone into overdrive?

anyway ive just downloaded all 3 books..............ahem purely for scientific purposes

I can't imagine anything worse. Twilight is bad enough- and then erotic Twilight fanfic? How does this twaddle get published?

Possibly because some people have passionless relationships and think they may find a substitute in repetitive, clichéd lust/angst novels?

I read all 3 and I thought they were an OK read. I thought they were badly edited, lack much substance and her "inner godess" needed a slap in the head by the end of book three. They are very bubble gum and for someone who reads often they will be able to see the lack of structure.

I didn't find it erotic at all and I think those parts could have been done so much better. The only thing I did get from it was some new favourite arias!

My friends were raving about it so I downloaded the first few chapters free from Kindle before I bought it.

So glad I did. I thought it was rubbish- like the Twilight books I bought because everyone was raving about them. I didn't finish them either.

The first (and last) 'erotic' novel I read until about halfway through, was something about a mother and son in law.I wasted about an hour reading what I thought was absolute drivel waiting for something good to happen - but it never did :hihi: . They're obviously not for me!

I'll stick to the courtroom dramas and murders.

Archived