Fifty Shades of Grey - Don't see what all the fuss is about myself

:rant: this is ridiculous I went to get a book at the station the other day and half of the books said "if you liked fsog you will love this". Apparently all people want to read on the train now is erotic literature. The people deciding which books to sell have probably missed the fact that half the people that liked it did so because it was so badly written it was funny!!

grrrrrrr

:rant: this is ridiculous I went to get a book at the station the other day and half of the books said "if you liked fsog you will love this". Apparently all people want to read on the train now is erotic literature. The people deciding which books to sell have probably missed the fact that half the people that liked it did so because it was so badly written it was funny!!

grrrrrrr

Oh, the joys of marketing, I remember a smiliar phenomenon after Bridget Jones was first published. I have no issue with people wanting to read erotic literature, to the exclusion of all else if that's their bag, but any book using FSoG to promote it would put me off! I wonder if these other books are leaping off the shelves or whether those who have read FSoG, many of whom think that the book is total tripe, are buying them in the hope that they are infinitely better written and more erotic?

Archived