Fifty Shades of Grey - Don't see what all the fuss is about myself

i agree the books aren't as great as the hype,but things never are!

the first book was very slow but i enjoyed the 2nd and third installments much more.iam the type of person who willread almost anything, and i found them nice easy reads. However all the repetition about her inner goddess wound me up!

i agree the books aren't as great as the hype,but things never are!

the first book was very slow but i enjoyed the 2nd and third installments much more.iam the type of person who willread almost anything, and i found them nice easy reads. However all the repetition about her inner goddess wound me up!

Let me guess, he continues his stalking hot pursuit of her, they get married and have lots of babies? He renounces his former life and the red room

of pain is converted to a nursery?! What happens to her career?

I think that the biggest difficulty I had with the first book is why she falls head over heels in love with him. I would run to the hills screaming at his possessive, controlling and stalking freakish behaviour.

Now that was worth reading :hihi:

The final conclusion from the blog :hihi:

"Overall, I have to say it was the worst book I have ever read. It might be the worst thing I have ever read. I’ve read cereal boxes that were more entertaining and well written than this book. Out of five stars, I would give this book negative ten. My recommendation is: DO NOT read this book. If you come across this book by accident, throw it into a fire. If someone tries to give you this book, beat them over the head with it until your arms get tired, and then throw it into a fire. If you see someone else burning this book in a fire, go get some kindling and make a bigger fire. No matter what, do everything in your power to USE FIRE to make this **** not have happened."

these books look like marmite books to me you either love em or you hate em, no middle ground.

i've seen the negative aspects such as the cooments on this thread but also know somebody who loves em / loves the main character lol and says everybody at her work is reading em too

The final conclusion from the blog :hihi:

"Overall, I have to say it was the worst book I have ever read. It might be the worst thing I have ever read. I’ve read cereal boxes that were more entertaining and well written than this book. Out of five stars, I would give this book negative ten. My recommendation is: DO NOT read this book. If you come across this book by accident, throw it into a fire. If someone tries to give you this book, beat them over the head with it until your arms get tired, and then throw it into a fire. If you see someone else burning this book in a fire, go get some kindling and make a bigger fire. No matter what, do everything in your power to USE FIRE to make this **** not have happened."

It certainly ranks as one of the worst books that I have read in recent years. If it hadn't been marketed as erotica, and had been as romance fiction which is what I would describe it as, I would never have read it. I also read it before I had read any reviews. There isn't actually that much actual shagging and I've read much better sex in mainstream popular fiction.

It certainly ranks as one of the worst books that I have read in recent years. If it hadn't been marketed as erotica, and had been as romance fiction which is what I would describe it as, I would never have read it. I also read it before I had read any reviews. There isn't actually that much actual shagging and I've read much better sex in mainstream popular fiction.
But you haven't read Twilight have you?

If more people knew 50 Shades developed from author's Twilight fanfic, they might have given the book a wide berth.

In essence, it's a reworking of all those classics that have gone before it, with the sex. I am thinking about Rebecca and such books, the age old experienced, tortured brooding man with a dark secret has gauche and naive woman fall madly in love with him and the rest of the story is about her agonising about whether her lover/husband loves her as he behaves like a brute and infantilises his newly acquired ingenue. I love Rebecca, it's one of my favourite books of all times.

Archived