Advice needed on hair roots or John Frieda's Go Blonder spray

So, I go away on 4th July and have booked to have full head foils on 22nd June. The problem is, my regrowth at the moment is massive and people have started commenting on how bad my roots are.

A friend recommended John Frieda's 'Go Blonder' spray in order to cover the root a little until I go to the hairdresser's. According to some of the reviews, this product is fantastic and works a treat..... until you get your hair dyed again, then the hair just seems to break or snap at the root!!

Not all the reviews say this - others rave about it!

Does anyone have any experience of this product, or any recommendations of other products that might buy me a couple of weeks... and won't damage my hair after I get my foils done!

Any advice appreciated!!

If there's a possibility of it damaging your hair, I wouldn't bother. I'd just have my hair in messy up dos until you go and have it done, if it's really that bad. Straight hair always makes roots look worse, could you curl it or have it in a messy style?

Iv used it in the past and it works with the heat from the hairdryer and straighteners which Is where your more likely to danage your hair than the spray.

It takes a few goes to work and probaly need to use it every other time u wash

It didn't damage my hair any more than dying it etc

Would def recommend

Yes went completely a different colour went dark brown but had no issues with it at all. It fades pretty quick as soon as u stop using it do if your worried how your colour will take just don't use it for 3/4 days before

Yes went completely a different colour went dark brown but had no issues with it at all. It fades pretty quick as soon as u stop using it do if your worried how your colour will take just don't use it for 3/4 days before

The thing is, I have a bleach in my foils, I think this is what causes the breakage. The spray and the bleach are too much... then again, i only intend to use it for a week or two.

Archived