Cameron forgets his kid- ever lost yours too?

Just watching the news about David Cameron forgetting his 8 year old daughter and leaving her in the pub :o guess thats another argument,

but have you ever forgotton your child for whatever reason

I remember when we were little and me and my 3 sisters were coming back from a trip in the car with my parents, when we got home we all got out of the car and went in the house, dad put the car in the garage (which was across the road as we lived in a maisonette)

about half an hour later realised one of my sisters was missing ( mum thought shed gone off playing upstairs) frantically started looking for her then suddenly realised, she had fallen asleep in the car and dad had locked her in the garage

when he went across the road to the garage he could hear her screaming and banging on the door...I will never forget it she was only 3 at the time, she is now 49 and still talks about it :roll:

No, I never have. But then, I only have two children. My parents never accidentally left me anywhere, but I was always watching them, because they were rather unpredictable. My middle sister (who was always goofing off) once got left behind at a swim meet. Does that count? She got a ride home with another family, while my mother was freaking out and driving the 50 miles back to where she thought my sister was. This all took place in the middle of the night, in the days before cellphones, and the police were involved before it was all over.

Also, my mother was famous for hiring flaky babysitters, who sometimes showed up to pick us up, and sometimes not. Now that I'm an adult, I wonder what the hell she was thinking?

Ive never left my own kids anywhere, but when me and my sister were kids in the late 60s our mum left us outside the butchers. We were there for about half an hour in one of those big old prams that had a little seat on top for the older child to sit in. She'd been that busy gabbing to her friend they'd walked home and were sat having a cuppa before she realised. We were fine though the butcher had bought us into the shop.

My mum left me outside a shop when I was a baby..

I was only a couple of days old and she nipped into the shop and left me outside in my pram.. On coming out, she'd forgotten all about me and went home..

She soon remembered and ran back to get me.. :)

No, never. Lost my eldest for a few minutes in a shop once when he wandered off. It was very scary.

As for the Cameron story what a non-story. I guess it's the kind of thing that happens to a parents all the time. Can't have been a nice experience for them.

Just watching the news about David Cameron forgetting his 8 year old daughter and leaving her in the pub :o guess thats another argument,

but have you ever forgotton your child for whatever reason

I remember when we were little and me and my 3 sisters were coming back from a trip in the car with my parents, when we got home we all got out of the car and went in the house, dad put the car in the garage (which was across the road as we lived in a maisonette)

about half an hour later realised one of my sisters was missing ( mum thought shed gone off playing upstairs) frantically started looking for her then suddenly realised, she had fallen asleep in the car and dad had locked her in the garage

when he went across the road to the garage he could hear her screaming and banging on the door...I will never forget it she was only 3 at the time, she is now 49 and still talks about it :roll:

I'm amazed that a family of 5 owned a car 40 odd years ago :o

Archived