Music during the wedding breakfast

Hey everyone, i need your help

Do you have background music during the wedding breakfast?

If we need to arrange some, i can ask the DJ for the evening do to play some. However, we are having the reception in a marquee and he will be setting up behind a reveal curtain- so he is in an area of the marquee that is hidden during the meal by a curtain and then it revealed during the "turn around". So he will be playing from behind this. Is that okay?

Or, i can look to find a musician- maybe a harpist or acoustic guitarist- does anyone know of anyone that are good and aren't too pricey?

Or do we not need any music during the meal?

I know a guy in a band called 'The Dizzy Club'. Havent seen him for years, but they do this kind of thing..He has a beautiful voice, and there is double bass fiddle and guitar...Cant recommend them highly enough...No idea how much they charge. But if you google them im sure u could look further into it.

I don't think you actually need music during the meal but if you decide to have some I would say something quiet is better so people are able to chat. I think this rules out live music. Maybe something instrumental played low just as "background music", something classical would sound nice

If you decide to have your DJ play background music then I would suggest you ask him to install a small secondary PA system in the dining area of the marquee.

I have done this on many occasions, we aren't talking a load of huge ugly speakers, just two discreet small cabinets that can usually be hidden from view fairly easily.

Don't get him to play from his disco PA from behind the curtain, it will be muffled, sound horrible and will be too loud for the guests sat near the curtain and inaudible for the guests sat at the opposite end.

I would assume if your DJ is behind a curtain then the sound should pass through without the need of a secondary system, he will also I assume have the technology to have a set playlist for background music which will cover the wedding breakfast, all it needs is someone at the event to press play and adjust the volume to the required level.

Meaning your DJ does not have to be there throughout the wedding breakfast therefore only charging an agreed extra fee for setting up earlier, leaving background music, and radio mics for your speeches if required.

Archived