Law to change on internet 'trolls'- effect on SF?

Websites will be forced to identify internet Trolls also some new laws on liable will help to protect ISPs from prosecution if they identify possible Trolls have you been affected by Trolls? good idea or not have your say.

Blimey. Some would say this forum is awash with them! It also depends upon what they derive as being the definition of 'trolls'. From what I heard on the news today, it's designed to stop 'cyber bullying'....and the word 'trolls', was what the newscaster came up with. Which are not neccessarily the same animal.

plus from what I've read they want to put the burden of responsibility on the website owners for what is published. when you get huge sites full of user generated content it just can't be workable.

to me it just looks like a lot of hot air to make it look like the government is semi competent and is taking the issue seriously when in reality a 14 yr old child will be able to get around any measures put in place.

Blimey. Some would say this forum is awash with them! It also depends upon what they derive as being the definition of 'trolls'. From what I heard on the news today, it's designed to stop 'cyber bullying'....and the word 'trolls', was what the newscaster came up with. Which are not neccessarily the same animal.

I agree. Labelling someone a troll on here is rife and all they need do for the most part is have a point of view that goes against the concensus, that's not to say that there are also some total wasters.

The bullying that goes on is deserving of some form of punishment as it affects and is aimed at someone directly.

I agree. Labelling someone a troll on here is rife and all they need do for the most part is have a point of view that goes against the concensus, that's not to say that there are also some total wasters.

The bullying that goes on is deserving of some form of punishment as it affects and is aimed at someone directly.

Actually that could be a good forum suggestion - label people as a bully and ban them instead of repeatedly remove posts aimed at individual users under the trolling banner.

If we're talking about this forum, as a 'for instance'. Don't the mods already have that covered? If something nasty is happening in a thread, they're usually not too far behind to remove offensive posts, close the thread, and or ban the perpetrators. Sometime IMHO they are a little over-zealous, but hey ho.

Potentially if the threat of action against a website or forum were to be removed,would it open it up to more irresponsible posts or bullying.

In the wider context maybe, but I wouldn't have thought SF would have any concerns.

If we're talking about this forum, as a 'for instance'. Don't the mods already have that covered? If something nasty is happening in a thread, they're usually not too far behind to remove offensive posts, close the thread, and or ban the perpetrators. Sometime IMHO they are a little over-zealous, but hey ho.

Some are over zealous ;)

I wasn't referring to SF with regard to bullying as by and large it is non existent. Most people on here seem to understand that its not personal as nigh on everyone assumes an alternate identity whereas with facebook and twitter the identity is not hidden.

Archived