Piece of Liver,and a pint of milk.

:huh:

Does liver slither over to a pint of milk in the fridge,and wrap itself around it??

Anyone witnessed it?

If true,what is the science behind this phenomenon?

Cheers.......

:huh::huh: What an odd question! I have no idea! :huh:

Does liver slither over to a pint of milk in the fridge,and wrap itself around it??

Nope, liver is (of course) quite inanimate and is entirely incabable of self-locomotion. Making your public house proposition highly preposterous and improbable. This is, however a widely held misconception amongst certain people. It is, in fact, the milk that is moving towards the liver.

Milk is actually highly magnetic when placed in a glass container. However, it usually takes an object high in complex organic iron compounds to give this a noticable effect. The presence of these molecules moves the valence electrons of the molecules in the milk into a highly excited state causing them to emit photons (try putting the milk under an object which is responsive to ultra-violet lightinside a partial vacuum chamber, and you will note that the object will emit a faint glow.

This excited state creates highly unstable ions of strontium-91 which then begin generate a highly charged electro-magnetic field which increase pressure on the interior surface of the glass moving it approximately 3.156277654x10e-12 millimeters per decaliter of liver towards the liver's center of gravity (mitigated of course by the friction coefficient of the table or other surface).

Unfortunately in order to observe the Liver-Milk Magneto-Kinetic Phenomena you will need to have some sort of highly precise optical measuring device within the confines of a geologically stabilized environment.

Nope, liver is (of course) quite inanimate and is entirely incabable of self-locomotion. Making your public house proposition highly preposterous and improbable. This is, however a widely held misconception amongst certain people. It is, in fact, the milk that is moving towards the liver.

Milk is actually highly magnetic when placed in a glass container. However, it usually takes an object high in complex organic iron compounds to give this a noticable effect. The presence of these molecules moves the valence electrons of the molecules in the milk into a highly excited state causing them to emit photons (try putting the milk under an object which is responsive to ultra-violet lightinside a partial vacuum chamber, and you will note that the object will emit a faint glow.

This excited state creates highly unstable ions of strontium-91 which then begin generate a highly charged electro-magnetic field which increase pressure on the interior surface of the glass moving it approximately 3.156277654x10e-12 millimeters per decaliter of liver towards the liver's center of gravity (mitigated of course by the friction coefficient of the table or other surface).

Unfortunately in order to observe the Liver-Milk Magneto-Kinetic Phenomena you will need to have some sort of highly precise optical measuring device within the confines of a geologically stabilized environment.

Oh I get it now! Flippin obvious really! I feel so thick! ;)

I had to rapidly grow a scruffy beard,wear jam-jar specs and put on my leather elbow patched tweed jacket on to understand your explanation.

I knew i wasn't dreaming!

Thanks for that....:thumbsup:

Are you certain it wasn't the pint of milk that made the first move?

Perhaps it has something to do with vibrations caused by the motor.

You could be right!

I've heard liver can be quite shy..:P

Does the type of liver matter? (Obviously to the animal, but I mean in this experiment)

Also does the quality of milk have any bearing? Does semi-skimmed cause a faster reaction, for example? Is the vendor of the milk important? Will Co-Op skimmed be faster than Tesco blue top. Does every little really help or is this an urban myth? If the milk is produced in a rural environment would it still be an urban myth?

Was Colonel Sanders ever a real Colonel and what does this have to do with the above questions?

Why do none of the so-called experts covering the Euro 2012 Championships bother with such questions?

I think we should be told.

Archived