Reporting a benefit thief.

Should i report a possible benefit thief  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should i report a possible benefit thief

• Yes
    • No
    • Mind your own
    • Forget it, worse things happen at sea.

Here's the deal.

I think i know of a benefit thief. Someone who claims they cannot work due to physical and social reasons but prove regularly that they can. I have proof of them refusing work offers (4 that i know of) and then claiming they are being discriminated against. The stuff this person says and the lies they tell drives me to distraction and i honestly feel they are putting off genuine people from trying to gain employment with the lies they tell and the excuses they give for not being "able to work".

I know this persons address as he/she lives quite close and i know where he/she drinks (i see him/her regularly displaying none of the disabilities they claim makes their quality of life so poor) but what other information would i need to make a report or would a name address and where they socialize be enough?

Im reluctant to go down the reporting route but i feel i have no choice. This person needs bringing to account and if found guilty needs punishing for this abuse of the system.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Here's the deal.

I think i know of a benefit thief. Someone who claims they cannot work due to physical and social reasons but prove regularly that they can. I have proof of them refusing work offers (4 that i know of) and then claiming they are being discriminated against. The stuff this person says and the lies they tell drives me to distraction and i honestly feel they are putting off genuine people from trying to gain employment with the lies they tell and the excuses they give for not being "able to work".

I know this persons address as he/she lives quite close and i know where he/she drinks (i see him/her regularly displaying none of the disabilities they claim makes their quality of life so poor) but what other information would i need to make a report or would a name address and where they socialize be enough?

Im reluctant to go down the reporting route but i feel i have no choice. This person needs bringing to account and if found guilty needs punishing for this abuse of the system.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Are you a doctor?

Yes shop them .But beware if there is a court case you will probably have to go to court as a witness and your name and adress will become known to everybody. You will then be known in your area as a grass . I am sure you you are of strong princables and to be true to yourself you must report them . Good luck

Yes shop them .But beware if there is a court case you will probably have to go to court as a witness and your name and adress will become known to everybody. You will then be known in your area as a grass . I am sure you you are of strong princables and to be true to yourself you must report them . Good luck

I live in an area where being labelled a grass in not a good thing so now im worried :|

I live in an area where being labelled a grass in not a good thing so now im worried :|

I'm not suggesting you report or not, that is up to you, but no-one would need to know if you did. This is what it says on the Crimestoppers website:

If you have information about suspected benefit fraud please call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use our secure Giving Information Form.

http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/fraud/types-of-fraud/benefit-fraud/benefit-fraud

Archived