Reporting a benefit thief.

Should i report a possible benefit thief  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should i report a possible benefit thief

• Yes
    • No
    • Mind your own
    • Forget it, worse things happen at sea.

Leave him or her alone, you are a just being a nosy git, There aren't enough jobs to go around, so what if he refuses one, some one more deserving will get it.

Live and let Live

Can you read?

If so please check out the post where i said this person had declined only one job.

How is the benefit cheat ever going to find out who has 'grassed' them up when reporting them to the benefit fraud hotline is anonymous :huh: Unless of course Closet guy is bragging about it to his mates on the estate ? If someone is breaking the law by de-frauding the state and you know this for a fact then it is your duty to report them.

Just finished reporting them now.

I did it online and yes i was able to stay anonymous which is a relief.

I was as detailed as possible explaining the rants ive heard from this person about his/her wish to stay on benefits. About their social life when they are supposedly unable to have such a thing and the fact they openly admit they CHOOSE NOT to look for work as it will affect their benefits. Ive also enclosed proof of job applications this person has refused amongst other in depth info. Hopefully it will start the ball rolling and this person will get their just desserts.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions. It helped me make the decision :)

So what's the benefits office procedure if you do report them?

Is it down to a "stop the payments and ask questions later" approach? Guilty until proved innocent? What happens if you are wrong?

I'm not wrong.

I wouldn't even dream about reporting anyone unless i was sure and i am.

Just finished reporting them now.

I did it online and yes i was able to stay anonymous which is a relief.

I was as detailed as possible explaining the rants ive heard from this person about his/her wish to stay on benefits. About their social life when they are supposedly unable to have such a thing and the fact they openly admit they CHOOSE NOT to look for work as it will affect their benefits. Ive also enclosed proof of job applications this person has refused amongst other in depth info. Hopefully it will start the ball rolling and this person will get their just desserts.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions. It helped me make the decision :)

It sounds very much like a poster on this very forum ? ? ?

How are they going to find out if they don't give their name?

Are you a benefit cheat spider1?

preson

I am a god fearing person and go to church on a regular basis. I would not accuse anybody of anything . God will be the judge at the day of recogning . I am an O A P not a fly by night

preson

I am a god fearing person and go to church on a regular basis. I would not accuse anybody of anything . God will be the judge at the day of recogning . I am an O A P not a fly by night

So you think all crime should go unreported. Where do you draw the line? Maybe we should abolish the judicial system, empty all the jails and sit waiting for the judgment day - HALLELUJAH:hihi::hihi: And I am OAP as well.

So you think all crime should go unreported. Where do you draw the line? Maybe we should abolish the judicial system, empty all the jails and sit waiting for the judgment day - HALLELUJAH:hihi::hihi: And I am OAP as well.

:hihi:

Im glad you could make sense of his post.

I tell you, i tried but now my noggin hurts :(

are you absolutely sure you know all the facts? you say this person claims not to be able to work for health reasons but your main gripe seems to be he/she has turned down job offers. however if he is on health related benefits, he may not be obliged to be actively looking for work. if these job offers have just come out of the blue without him even looking then he's a lucky guy in the present climate!

Archived