Reporting a benefit thief.

Should i report a possible benefit thief  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should i report a possible benefit thief

• Yes
    • No
    • Mind your own
    • Forget it, worse things happen at sea.

The only people who dislike "grasses" are criminals. Benefit fraudsters are the lowest form of scum.

Nah, our thieving Politicians {£65 grand a year, PLUS expenses} are the lowest form of scum.

Most benefit "fraudsters" are just trying to get by.

Angel.

If somebody in the local economy is cheating the national system, it is actually benefiting the local economy.

Say 10 people claim £100/week fraudulently. That's £1000/week to the local economy. That is an honest man's job.

You could be putting a decent man out of work. Real wealth comes from trade and production. Anything that encourages trade/production is a good thing. Be it benefit fraud or avoiding tax.

Just a thought...

Ask a banker?? they know about the ins and outs of high level fraud.

Corporate fraud is committed every day and wer'e bothered about some geezer down the pub. What small lives some people lead.

Yes shop them .But beware if there is a court case you will probably have to go to court as a witness and your name and adress will become known to everybody. You will then be known in your area as a grass . I am sure you you are of strong princables and to be true to yourself you must report them . Good luck

Rubbish.........you can do it on-line and be totally annonymous. You can also ring annonymously.............this is what the benefit fraud team rely on.

Report them - if they are notdishonestly claiming, they have nothing to worry about...

But they will have something to worry about, as the benefits system is such a huge minefield of complexities and bureaucracy its impossible to say who is a cheat and who isn’t.

But for argument sake let’s supposing someone gets a few extra quid for swinging the lead, what’s the big deal? How personally will it benefit you?

Thanks for the clarity.

What illness has his doctor verified?

Is there a reason why you think this is relevant? Surely it is up to the benefits investigators to establish if the person who has been reported is claiming fraudulently.

I'd hate to think anyone who is genuinely in need is being deprived of help because the money is going to people like these: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8665537/Ten-outrageous-sick-leave-and-disability-benefits-claims.html

My brother is a joiner and sometimes works for a contractor who employs another bloke for cash in hand, This bloke drives a new BMW, drips in gold, and has three holidays abroad every year, all thanks to the benefits he claims. Still my brother wont report him, even though he is stuggling for work himself.

Archived